Langdon transport plymouth

Hi all i have an interview with mentioned company and just wanted to know what they are like to work for and how much wages etc do they pay. I have heard pay is dreadful but i have been out of work for the last 5 months, so anything will be better than £67.50 a week. Hopefully someone on here works for them.

Look forward to get back in the saddle again, just hope they aint COWBOYS. :smiley: :smiley:

Heard not the best, but good luck anyway mate :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My mate worked there, he said it was pants…Can’t elaborate on that.

Last I heard they were paying £320 per week plus your nights out.

If you ship out on a Sunday or run back in on a Saturday you got an extra £50 I think.

They always seem to have plenty of work and it’s varied too.

As you say, it’s better than the dole.

Motor’s arnt bad though from what ive seen!
Let me put that 320 quid a week into perspective for you.
Mate of mine went for a job on recovery driving a 12 tonner. Was given the job virtually on a plate, i wondered why :unamused: :confused:
Turned out they offered him 60 quid a day, for an 11 hour on call and that was for any number of call outs. He could have been out on the road all day and he still would only have that 60 quid. To top that off, he was expected to take the truck home too and have that responsibility.
Oh, dont forget to deduct tax and NI from that 60 notes too! :open_mouth:
Needless to say my mate told the guy to poke his job up his arse!
So, 320 isnt bad for down here at the mo.

Thanks guys much appreciated, i might as well go and see what the crack is and also i am still waiting to hear back from a coach company out of par. So hopefully whatever happens i should have a job by this week or next. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

24caratplonker:
Thanks guys much appreciated, i might as well go and see what the crack is and also i am still waiting to hear back from a coach company out of par. So hopefully whatever happens i should have a job by this week or next. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck, may even see you out on the road soon then.

Thanks Gembo do you work out of st austell mate and who you work for. Will give you a toot if get job.

24caratplonker:
Thanks Gembo do you work out of st austell mate and who you work for. Will give you a toot if get job.

PM sent.

Best of luck whichever wins - carrying goods or er… people!!