Landshire Lane Henstridge

Got a collection from a farm here Monday morning. Anybody been down there looks a bit off the beaten track

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just looked at it on google maps and if you can’t get down there (like thousands have in the past) then perhaps you could maybe consider transit van driving.

There used be (might still be there for all i know) dozens of car transporters based in and going into Henstridge Airfield car compounds every day, i’ve been in there many times with semi trailer artics, with peak decks too, not as bad as you might think from the map.
Lovely country down there.

Alright mate Jesus calm down I was only asking if anyone had any info on the place. I’m always a bit wary when I get an address for a farm so if any other guys have knowledge of the area they could give me a heads up.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Just looked at it on google maps and if you can’t get down there (like thousands have in the past) then perhaps you could maybe consider transit van driving.

Thank you. Nice to get some relevant information as apposed to some stroppy jibe from a no mark

Juddian:
There used be (might still be there for all i know) dozens of car transporters based in and going into Henstridge Airfield car compounds every day, i’ve been in there many times with semi trailer artics, with peak decks too, not as bad as you might think from the map.

4.0 metres height at Templecombe

superscaniaV8:
Alright mate Jesus calm down I was only asking if anyone had any info on the place. I’m always a bit wary when I get an address for a farm so if any other guys have knowledge of the area they could give me a heads up.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

No, what you really want is for somebody else to do your research for you as opposed to doing it yourself.
Self entitled generation that you obviously belong to!

And what generation would that be mate? You have special powers to know each posters age & background do you? FFS of course I checked it out on Google maps but in my experience (albeit only 40 odd years in transport) someone who’s actually been somewhere before passing on their knowledge of the place to fellow drivers trumps pretty much everything else. So how about winding your neck in

Grumpy_old_trucker:

superscaniaV8:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

No, what you really want is for somebody else to do your research for you as opposed to doing it yourself.
Self entitled generation that you obviously belong to!

Thanks no worries on that score

Cosmic:
4.0 metres height at Templecombe

Ah Sunday mornings… sat in the garden drinking Cortado, listening to the radio and watching a fight develop on TNUK. What’s not to like? :wink:

the maoster:
Ah Sunday mornings… sat in the garden drinking Cortado, listening to the radio and watching a fight develop on TNUK. What’s not to like? :wink:

Marvellous isn’t it. Ask fellow drivers for a bit of info & get someone frothing at the mouth for having the temerity to do so.

Juddian:

Now would that be when am going to sherbourne, along the a350/A30 all them car transporters turn off near the swimming pool place, .

biggriffin:

Juddian:

Now would that be when am going to sherbourne, along the a350/A30 all them car transporters turn off near the swimming pool place, .

Can’t remember a swimming pool at Henstridge, but it’s probably 15 years since i’ve been there and i’d be more concerned about that bloody peak than looking around :open_mouth: …think it might have been summat to do with Sensible Transporters that operated the airfield site, but don’t quote me cos i’ve got the memory span of a bloody goldfish these days :unamused: …you turned off the A30 in the middle of nowhere into the old airfield site.

I do a lot of farms, and Ive done a couple of farms past that ind est at Hentstridge, but sorry that one does not ring a bell.
What I do know is there are some tight arsed areas around there.
What I normally do is ring the farmer for info, a lot of times they will even meet you and let you follow them in if it’s a certain way in, or at least give you the best route on the phone.
Good luck mate anyway.

Plenty of room round there , dont go through Henstridge they kick off, carry on the A30 and turn right where the white house is on the corner signed for the Ind est , carry on down there and if i remember you come to a T junction and thats Landshire Lane

chaversdad:
Plenty of room round there , dont go through Henstridge they kick off, carry on the A30 and turn right where the white house is on the corner signed for the Ind est , carry on down there and if i remember you come to a T junction and thats Landshire Lane

That’s the turn after the swimming pool/hot tub place,
I now know why I keep seeing transporters on that road.

Thanks all you Guys the farm I wanted was just past the grain place on the left just after the little industrial estate on the right. In fairness it’s a huge place however the company name has changed which threw me a bit. I guess Crocker isn’t snazzy enough so much nicer being called Landshire Eggs!