Lanarkshire New Class 2 driver

Been lurking for a few weeks taking in all of the good information the forum has to offer, however as of 3pm today I am now qualified as a class 2 driver having recently found the motivation I lost a few years ago when I first applied for provisional/passed medical.

Game plan is hopefully as soon as I receive my licence back arranging an assessment drive for Class 1 to see how I get on and how many hours is recommended to pass this and if possible get booked on a Class 1 course asap.

For now however I have just handed in my 3 months (yes 3 months) notice period into my work but on the look for any weekend work to gain some more on job experiene in the meantime in or around the Lanarkshire area if anyone knows of anything going?

Also what would be the best reasonably priced satnav unit I could look to purchase until my road knoweledge improves even further? (I have 5 years experience driving 12ft high luton box vans around Aberdeen/Edinburgh/Glasgow however there is going to be some areas I dont know/cant take a 26t rigid through)

Cheers for any help and advice

Gaz

Well done sir!!!