Lamborghini to electrify entire range by 2024

Franglais:
Various sources say the UK car fleet is aging… more reliable, less rusty, etc, plus the likelihood of a life curtailed by emissions laws. Why buy another one?
Fewer youngsters getting driving licences, and not “aspiring” to ownership.
The times are achanging.

My daily drivers are a 2004 162,000 mile Volvo S60 (dirty diesel) D5 that constantly does 50 mpg on my commute, wife’s 2007 Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor that’s only done 42,000 miles and a 2001 Mercedes CLK 320 (my hobby as I like old cars) that I use at weekends in nice weather and is a joy to drive. None of the cars have any corrosion whatsoever and are easy to maintain. Times might be changing but I intend on running these cars for as long as I can get petrol and diesel as it’s my choice. Being forced into an EV isn’t and not affordable for me.

I nearly forgot the 1964 Ford Zodiac that I’ve owned nearly 20 years now and can be left in the garage untouched for 6 months and will still start first time as it did a few weekends ago, old tech takes some beating!

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
[Let alone wanting to turn Europe into a treeless Chernobyl for the privilege.

I do love how you get a particular bee in your bonnet which will hang around for a while before you move on to the next obsession. I bet you were pro nuclear once until someone attached green issues to it. Also what continent is Chernobyl on if not Europe?

Pro nuke Greens you couldn’t make it up.
The only place for nukes is when they are used as a deterrent to war and to maintain our freedom.So yes I’ve always been pro nukes for military purposes not ‘were’.
As opposed to CND muppets.
Until someone at EDF said trust us CO2 is cooking the planet then suddenly nukes are good. :unamused:
Europe as in western Europe.
No doubt you’d be one of those shouting it’s not your fault if/when western Europe suffers its first and last major nuclear disaster.But it was all to solve the non existent problem of global warming so that makes it all worth it in your laughably hypocritical view. :unamused:

bigstraight6:
My daily drivers are a 2004 162,000 mile Volvo S60 (dirty diesel) D5 that constantly does 50 mpg on my commute, wife’s 2007 Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor that’s only done 42,000 miles and a 2001 Mercedes CLK 320 (my hobby as I like old cars) that I use at weekends in nice weather and is a joy to drive. None of the cars have any corrosion whatsoever and are easy to maintain. Times might be changing but I intend on running these cars for as long as I can get petrol and diesel as it’s my choice. Being forced into an EV isn’t and not affordable for me.

I nearly forgot the 1964 Ford Zodiac that I’ve owned nearly 20 years now and can be left in the garage untouched for 6 months and will still start first time as it did a few weekends ago, old tech takes some beating!

The problem with Mercs is that they can be rotten but not show it.Check out the rear suspension sub frame issues to start with.Then having to renew all the zillion multi link bushes after having to buy the new sub frame.
The Zodiac is rightly probably worth more than the 320 and SLK combined.Personally I’d prefer a Westminster or a Cresta PB. :wink:

The classic/conventional car scene doesn’t realise the fate that these crazed zealots have in mind for it …yet.
If they don’t mind nuking the place and burning our forests to generate power and to put pensioners into fuel penury with unaffordable energy costs, to meet their bonkers agenda, what chance have our cars got. :bulb:

Carryfast:
No doubt you’d be one of those shouting it’s not your fault if/when western Europe suffers its first and last major nuclear disaster.

Ah so edited to Western Europe now then? Any wonder people don’t listen to you when you can’t get basics right? If/when Europe suffers its SECOND nuclear disaster Im not sure how much blame I’ll accept as an opinionated lorry driver. We don’t all have the monumental belief in our own importance that you suffer. So, you know, there’s a fair amount of doubt there, since you’ve invented my opinions. Ya daft apeth

Carryfast:
But it was all to solve the non existent problem of global warming so that makes it all worth it in your laughably hypocritical view. :unamused:

That hypocritical view that you’ve invented in your head and attached to me, again, ya daft muppet

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
No doubt you’d be one of those shouting it’s not your fault if/when western Europe suffers its first and last major nuclear disaster.

Ah so edited to Western Europe now then? Any wonder people don’t listen to you when you can’t get basics right? If/when Europe suffers its SECOND nuclear disaster Im not sure how much blame I’ll accept as an opinionated lorry driver. We don’t all have the monumental belief in our own importance that you suffer. So, you know, there’s a fair amount of doubt there, since you’ve invented my opinions. Ya daft apeth

Pro v anti nuclear is a binary enough position and your position is clear enough.The choice is clear nukes added to by burning forests as bio mass.As opposed to the lesser if any evil of fossil fuel.
While you’ve laughably hypocritically said that it’s supposedly me that’s changed my view from pro nukes to anti when I’ve always been against nukes for civilian power generation purposes.It’s lethally dangerous and its expensive.You know just like would be expected of an effective WMD deterrent.

As opposed to the CND types yesterday and who are now suddenly pro nukes zealots.Now so that self proclaimed special case ‘developing country’ China can take all the fossil fuel that we are stopped from using.Just as before obviously looking after the interests of their commy handlers in this clear far left instigated wealth redistribution scam.

Carryfast:
While you’ve laughably hypocritically said that it’s

Says the man who invents peoples opinions for a living :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Because let’s face it you’ve not actually worked this century

Just put Carryfast on a Ryan Air flight from Athens and fly over Belarus with a friendly chat to the Captain and drop him off there for a holiday.

toby1234abc:
Just put Carryfast on a Ryan Air flight from Athens and fly over Belarus with a friendly chat to the Captain and drop him off there for a holiday.

:smiley: :smiley: Well he is an internationally wanted fugitive, for being a political dissident

It grieves me to say it, but I think there is a time coming when we will look at our super trucks and super cars and believe them to be so over engineered and unnecessarily complicated. They will seem Heath-Robinson like in comparison to refined electric vehicles.

Janos:
It grieves me to say it, but I think there is a time coming when we will look at our super trucks and super cars and believe them to be so over engineered and unnecessarily complicated. They will seem Heath-Robinson like in comparison to refined electric vehicles.

Nope.The only way that you’ll get even close to what a good old fashioned ICE powered car can provide in terms of performance and range is with a fast van.
I’m now ( very ) seriously thinking about replacing the Jag with an old school rwd twin wheel Transit mini bus or 3.5 t van which I’ll then fit with the most powerful electric motor possible and around 1t of batteries.Hopefully I’ll beat the rush. :wink:

Carryfast:

Janos:

Nope.The only way that you’ll get even close to what a good old fashioned ICE powered car can provide in terms of performance and range is with a fast van.
I’m now ( very ) seriously thinking about replacing the Jag with an old school rwd twin wheel Transit mini bus or 3.5 t van which I’ll then fit with the most powerful electric motor possible and around 1t of batteries.Hopefully I’ll beat the rush. :wink:

You miss my point. Currently…no pun intended, electric vehicles for the foreseeable future will not have the character or romance of say a V12 or V8 anything, but eventually the ICE will seem so antique and slow in comparison to future electric vehicles as the technology is refined.

Janos:

Carryfast:

Janos:

You miss my point. Currently…no pun intended, electric vehicles for the foreseeable future will not have the character or romance of say a V12 or V8 anything, but eventually the ICE will seem so antique and slow in comparison to future electric vehicles as the technology is refined.

There’s no way that an electric motor will ‘ever’ be able to provide the combination of range and performance and character that the energy density contained in 20 gallons of petrol fuelling a 6 litre V12 ICE does.
Having said that it’s ironic how a rwd Transit could out handle a 3 litre Capri. :wink: Prepare to see the values of old school rwd Transit vans go stratospheric you heard it here first.I just hope that I’m in time in getting hold of one but I’ll really miss the V12 growl and vicious power delivery at the top end.But look on the bright side it is possible to maintain the manual box with the electric motor which for me beats ICE with auto. :wink: :smiley:

Even the ExxonMobil investors are making ‘Sea changes’ and getting “Their man” elected to the board to decarbonise the industry. I need to get rid of my petrol lawn mower too & get another leccy hover mower, Went to get a gallon of petrol today for it & since I got my MG ZS EV in January the bloody stuff has gone up 14p/litre since then, When the carbon credit system starts in July it’s going to put another €0.50 cents/litre on fossil fuels :open_mouth: aljazeera.com/economy/2021/ … or-big-oil

lancpudn:
Even the ExxonMobil investors are making ‘Sea changes’ and getting “Their man” elected to the board to decarbonise the industry. I need to get rid of my petrol lawn mower too & get another leccy hover mower, Went to get a gallon of petrol today for it & since I got my MG ZS EV in January the bloody stuff has gone up 14p/litre since then, When the carbon credit system starts in July it’s going to put another €0.50 cents/litre on fossil fuels :open_mouth: aljazeera.com/economy/2021/ … or-big-oil

They’re fooling no one with this communist appeasement agenda.
No oil wells or gas fields are going to be capped any time soon and in fact, as I’ve posted previously, fossil fuel production is being increased including UK oil and gas production and as we know China is staking its claim for more in the South Asian Sea.
You’re welcome to having to man handle the back breaking electric hover mower piece of junk around an over grown garden.
I recently cut the almost waist high grass with the 140 cc self propelled beast in less than 15 minutes with no effort at all and I’m not intending to stop using it any time soon.
Nor the Einhell four stroke strimmer. :unamused:

Oh and some recent checks on the prices of rwd twin wheel Transit mini bus/vans suggest around 5 grand for around 15 year old and over 10 grand for around 10 year old examples.
Add the price of 1t of batteries I’ll keep the Jag and the mower thanks.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

They’re fooling no one with this communist appeasement agenda.
No oil wells or gas fields are going to be capped any time soon and in fact, as I’ve posted previously, fossil fuel production is being increased including UK oil and gas production and as we know China is staking its claim for more in the South Asian Sea.
You’re welcome to having to man handle the back breaking electric hover mower piece of junk around an over grown garden.
I recently cut the almost waist high grass with the 140 cc self propelled beast in less than 15 minutes with no effort at all and I’m not intending to stop using it any time soon.
Nor the Einhell four stroke strimmer. :unamused:

Oh and some recent checks on the prices of rwd twin wheel Transit mini bus/vans suggest around 5 grand for around 15 year old and over 10 grand for around 10 year old examples.
Add the price of 1t of batteries I’ll keep the Jag and the mower thanks.

The commies & head choppers will certainly do well out the Royal Dutch shell/ExxonMoill & Chevron courtroom/ investor rebellion. euractiv.com/section/global … ch-ruling/

Stop it! You can play crown green bowls on my lawns, admittedly the petrol mower gives me a better cut & lawn stripes but the price of petrol is going to go northbound soon.

lancpudn:
Stop it! You can play crown green bowls on my lawns, admittedly the petrol mower gives me a better cut & lawn stripes but the price of petrol is going to go northbound soon.

I can remember having to struggle with the piece of junk hover mower even on our old postage stamp garden it was like going into some sort of medieval battle with a two handed broadsword or battle axe.
With the petrol mower I just walk along behind it as it does all the hard work.While the strimmer can also make short work of the worst overgrown weed invasion.
All with no leads getting in the way or stupid heavy expensive batteries draining out long before the job is finished.
Yes the politicians can only get away with this type of zb if they know that elections from now on are all controlled by Beijing using internet vote counting machines.
That won’t make much difference when the sheep suddenly realise that more fossil fuel than before is being burnt just not by us and they’ve been made the victims of a massive wealth redistribution scam and paying for the privilege.
Then a massive nuclear disaster to add insult to injury.
Petrol going northbound yep to make expensive electric look good.
My bet is it won’t take long for reality to kick in when people realise how much this is going to cost them.Climate Change bs.

‘Controlled by Beijing using internet vote counting machines’ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: You heard it here first chaps! This fantasy world of yours is hilarious comedy.

switchlogic:
‘Controlled by Beijing using internet vote counting machines’ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: You heard it here first chaps! This fantasy world of yours is hilarious comedy.

He’s gone and blown his cover now, the Illuminati will be after him (either them or the Intelligence service) for letting that one out of the bag.

fodenway:

switchlogic:

He’s gone and blown his cover now, the Illuminati will be after him (either them or the Intelligence service) for letting that one out of the bag.

So tell us when have you booked your electric domestic boiler replacement.Good luck with that at 18p per kwh.
You’re also obviously happy with China’s self proclaimed ‘developing country’ status and exemption.