Lafarge tarmac

Hello,

I have been wondering about the above contract haulier packages. I have searched the forums but there doesn’t seem to be much about them since they merged.

Are they any good? Have the got any better? I see loads of tippers etc on the A55 every day I am in North Wales and am struggling to find work. Currently self employed with DPD on Multi Drop and it is not very good, constant rate cuts treated very poorly etc really do need to get out asap.

Thank you

check the payment dates for the christmas/new year period :wink:

A.I.do the same at this time of yr ,or at least they did,isn’t it to do with making yearly profits look better ?

It will be all change at Lafarge -Tarmac soon. Tarmac’s 120 quarries are for sale.Lafarge are merging with Holcim, so its anybody’s guess what’s going to happen. Thinking of putting a vehicle in one of their quarries would be a risk. The new owners could close some of them :exclamation:

Most tipper ODs around here are independants, and a few have had hands burned on franchisee “opportunities”.
I’d look at Breedons though if you’re serious.

PM sent

Thing is, they just got you by the balls though don’t they… That’s what always stays my hand with this type of thing…

shuttlespanker:
check the payment dates for the christmas/new year period :wink:

rofl

iw1961:
Hello,

I have been wondering about the above contract haulier packages. I have searched the forums but there doesn’t seem to be much about them since they merged.

Are they any good? Have the got any better? I see loads of tippers etc on the A55 every day I am in North Wales and am struggling to find work. Currently self employed with DPD on Multi Drop and it is not very good, constant rate cuts treated very poorly etc really do need to get out asap.

Thank you

Basically, listening guys? if you are an agency driver & are earning less than a grand a week at the moment, excluding jan/feb when you should be on holiday anyway then…

There ain’t many owner drivers pulling over a grand a week, I tell thee that much for FREE.