Lafarge Tarmac Salary/Wages?

Does anyone have info on Lafarge Tarmac please? I have been offered an interview at their depot in Cornwall (cement bulk deliveries and occasional bagged deliveries). Does anyone have advice on what they are like to work for, expected wages etc etc■■? Been offered another perm job but this would be more convenient…But not much info in ad.

I think they are part of Wincanton.

They have loads of self employed roles up north. £13.50 flat rate, friend of a friend started and had to do 3 week induction/training.

Bout as much as I know.

went for that in northfleettld it was 10 50 mate applied told it was 13 pound odd so make of that what you will

Thanks Guys. Yes, Wincanton do run the ‘delivery side’. £13.50 self employed is not so great. If it were £13.50 on PAYE…that’s ok… Any more info. The ‘recruiter’ has thrown out a figure of near £36,000 but that includes night outs etc■■? Cannot get a ‘real’ figure.

Give it a go,easy work,just that bulk tanker work aint everybodies cup of tea.Not the cleanest of jobs,ok if your going to a block/brick manufacturer but ready mix plants arnt exactly know for there housekeeping.Be prepared for more H+S bull than you can throw a stick at.

If it’s working directly for Lafarge Tarmac, it’s a brilliant job. I guess the position is at Liskeard depot? They have their own fleet, not part of Wincanton. Wincanton are the main contractor. Lafarge basic will be around £36k per annum. It’s salary not hourly rate. 25 days holiday each year plus 8 bank holidays at full pay. Company pension shcheme, you pay 5% they pay 6%. Uniform and PPE provided.
60 hours max per week, as they are part of the working time directive. Two 26 week periods for WTD. P1 you work 1305.6 hours, P2 you work 1296 hours. 50.21 hours average in P1 49.84 average in P2. (you have to pay back 6 days holiday in P1 and 5 days in P2)
Once your hours are done, you go home. You get extra for working nights, weekends and Bank Holidays. If you work a Bank Holiday you get a leiu day to use whenever you want. It’s the best job I ever had!
If you get the job, you’ll never leave! Best of luck!

WOW. Thanks Spiritwalker. Sounds very good. Trouble is, I have been offered another good job and interview for this one?? Which way to go■■? (You wait for a bus and 2 arrive at once).