Lads n lass hazard perception issues "pre-test"

lads n lasses, i’m passing my theory tests consistantly! all 90%+ perseption so pretty confidant in that area but hazard perseption i’m failing constantly

i’ve been driving along time so what could be a potential hazard i’m already planning for the idiot to pull out, or the person waling down the country lane etc etc

i used to ride motorbikes a bit too so i think this gives you good hazard perseption skills & forward planning for what could be around the next corner-i hope i make sence

its bugging the heck out of me that i keep failing hazard perception

are they looking for the click of a potential hazard or a hazard as it arises on screen

bet i come across as a right mungral!

hope you guys can help

try clicking for the hazard a little later, the hazard game was developed for 17yr olds who have no road experience so you could be seeing the hazard to soon!

i’m trying that at the mo, not doing to well to be honest, funny when you have been driving years what you perceve as a hazard, i mean i drive distance every day so i’m looking around parked cars to where the road direction is going which if i have the vision to see whats coming down side roads etc etc then i already know the potential of a ■■■■■■■■ pulling out on me where as when i passed my car licence at 17 you only look maybe one/two car lengths ahead at best so i know my driving in those types of areas has improved, obviously when you ride a motorbike you view (or should) everyone on the road as a potential ■■■■■ as your not looked for by the average driver so never really seen, also you see alot of folk moving thier head as though they are looking but they are’nt taking in the info infront of them, especially at school kickout time!!!

getting 59% consitantly on the hazard cd now need 67% minimum to pass, oooohhh aint it frustrating…

I’ve just got my disc to practice, best get cracking if its a PITA!

i’ve only got the disk i think my driving experiance & the perception that comes with it is whats buggering me up in the mock tests i’m practicing with! gonna have a break & some satarday night din dins then get back revising till around 10/11pm

its “ford pop-stalgia” at market bosworth water park in the morning so gonna go have look at some ford pops to wind down, then revise again tomorrow afternoon/eve

hopefully i’ll be getting some consistant pass’s by then-i hope!

I wish you luck. Passed my HPT,at the 4th attempt! Hated it - like you I’m a motorcyclist as well as motorist and cyclist, and you tend not to survive too long if you don’t spot hazards. But it’s all subjective - like when does a potential hazard [no click] become an actual hazard [click]. For example - when you take your HPT they give you an introductory video to show you the ropes. This depicts a cyclist pedalling in front of you, approaching a parked car on your side of the road. As far as I’m concerned that’s a potential hazard right there - at some point he’s either going to have to pull out to pass the car; or crash into it; or bunny hop it! BUT according to the video he only becomes a potential hazard when he flicks a glance over his shoulder, suggesting he is going to pull out. Cobblers! And that’s the explanatory video!

Best advice I can give is to be thankful that a retest only costs £15…

a hi5 to the chap above you have explained it in text far better than i ever could, i agree with you totally, also i am a daily cyclist & a bit of an idiot cyclist also as i ride a fixed gear, so use my judgement much like a lorry driver does, ie you want to if you can keep the wheels rolling as much as possible without stopping if you can!

when i took my motorcycle test it took me 4 attempts because of the hazard perception part, theory i’ve always been fine with & the same with practicle passed my car & bike practical tests 1st time

i cant remember if i had to take theory/hazard when i took my car test in 1997, i think i did, but the same back then, theory fine hazard was 3rd attempt i think

hope its not some sort of bloody omen! :blush: