Labour's Failed Tax Dodging

Risky Sunak lays bare Labour’s pathetic attempts at Tax Dodging:

“Mr Speaker. The party opposite talks about tax dodging. They have no idea. At this side of the House we deal in £millions when we do tax avoidance. My own wife dodged £20 million and wouldn’t have got out of bed to dodge just £1,500.
Mr Speaker, their tax dodging is pathetic”.

3 Likes

Hard choice?

where do they find these idiots

rayner was married in 2010 and had 2 kids with him and another before she met him. so are people seriously believing that she was living in a council house away from her husband and children for 5 years. bare in mind the house you spend the majority of your time in is considered your primary residence.

or is it far more possible that she bought the council house waited for the prices to go up then flogged it for a profit whilst living with her children and husband

the woman is another diane abbott through and through

I haven’t heard of the story outside of this thread. But is it that she’s sold a house without paying CGT? Your primary residence can be anyone that you nominate for CGT purposes, so you won’t incur CGT. But you will once you sell the one you did actually live in.
Nomination must be made in writing up to 2 yrs after the change (iirc).

I’m sure you will find it soon enough in your chosen media.

Some Tory MPs and supporters have complained to the Police and Inland Revenue about alleged tax dodging.

Five weeks later and…so far nothing wrong found.

Some have “demanded” that she reveal all of her personal tax affairs to the public gaze. She has reportedly said
“You show me your’s and I’ll show you mine”
No accusers have taken her up on the offer. Rayner tells Sunak 'show me yours, I'll show you mine'

And all of this from before she was an MP.
Of course a crime is still a crime no matter when. But as above how many other MPs are queuing up (such as Sunak) to show tax returns from the time before Parliament.

Damning!!!

(from your link)
The Labour leader twice declined to echo the wording of a question put to him about his deputy before insisting he [had “full confidence” in her](Sir Keir Starmer says he doesn't need to see Angela Rayner's legal advice in council house row) seconds later.

Wow ! Only having full confidence in her!

he prob doesnt want to see it so when she is found as guilty as sin he can claim he didnt know and blame everyone else for not telling him