L5 S1 Prolasped Disc

My husband has been off 5 months now, they were due to operate on him Tues gone, He his mending very slowly, thats why they did not operate on him due to the improvement…But? they have told his driving days are over…As anyone else had this problem and the disc healed itself ?, most of all have you gone back to work…They have also told him he his still 6 to 8 weeks from any type of work. This as been a difficult time for him…Especialy when you only get stat sick pay…JOKE! regarding any other benefit. We have tried and be turned down for everything we have gone for…Bloody marvelous…He works all his life…When we need help from the state…Two fingers at us…I am furious with this goverment…They tar everyone with the same brush… Rant over…

Jayne…

pda-uk.org/healthmatters/rea … kpain.html

Best I can do for now will post more later or look up my user name in here as have posted bits about it

If you want you can PM me & I will get back to you

Yes I did go back to work driving

You will be turned down you will have to re apply & go to tribunal been there done that

Thank you…Give him some reading…

Jayne…

NP pleased I can help a bit that is me btw & yes I do still drive

My back is fractured with prolapsed disc they will never heal I just have to live with them & the pain ( l1-l5 ) also have excessive wear in the joints of C3-C6

Has he been to pain management as that was one of the best things I did they gave me a list of drugs that I have to take several times a day ( I do have my own routine to take them ) also injections in the neck with some luck it will help

If he can see if he can do permitted work ( up to 16 hrs or £95. per week ) this does not effect his benefit if he can do it this may be a way forward as this is what I do has helped a lot

@animal, Thanks for the info…he his still down at the min…he his mending but very slowly!!! not the man he used to be…He feels his life is over…When he gets back on his feet…I am sure there will be help along the way…The bigest loss…is the finance…He wont go with the begging bowl…I have tried to get him the DLA we don’t qualify…This winds me up…When you see and you know people who have never worked and goes out to the pub more times than the gas goes out…He was a proud a man…Now he his humbled…
Anyway fella…thank you for the info…I will speak with him…

Jayne…

Know that feeling I dont qualify for anything at all either apart from ESA & as said can do permitted work which has helped

Just be careful with him & watch him as this can soon lead into depression ( yep been there done that have documented most of it on here as was on the sick for 4 years then went back for 10 mth all going well until last dec then went back on sick licence revoked again although did get it back after a few mth this time )

Also injections put on hold so fast forward to now waiting to here about the dates for the injections & doing some permitted work feel a lot better ( there have been other factors that have helped )

It is a long slow process but dont let it get you down too much as life is too short try not to get too wound up about other people either it not worth it in the end

ang