L&T Training Pontefract

Hi,

Been on Class 2 for 6+ years now. Looking at doing my Class 1 later this year.

I know that L&T are on the recommended trainer list on here. Ive been in touch with them and got their brochure.

Just wondering if anybody on here has actually used them?

Cheers

A couple of lads at our place in Wakefield did their class 2 with them, that’s all I know.

I did my ADR and DCPC their, the owner is a very pleasant and knowledgeable chap indeed , i don’t know about the driver tuition side, however the corridor leading to the classrooms is full of photos of drivers holding their various blue pass certificates, so i don’t think you will go far wrong with them.

May I refer the learned member to his previous question posted 43 minutes earlier? :slight_smile:

Go steady on the submit button or you will wear it out. :slight_smile:

Good luck
Alan

OnlyAlan:
May I refer the learned member to his previous question posted 43 minutes earlier? :slight_smile:

Go steady on the submit button or you will wear it out. :slight_smile:

Good luck
Alan

I’ve tidied up those two posts by merging them into one. :wink:

Thankyou…touch screen + sausage fingers = duplicate post!

Whilst i was their back in february the DSA were measuring the reversing area to be used for future tests,the unit i saw was on old generation volvo FH, it might pay you to book an assessment to drive the truck and meet the trainer, its your hard earned at the end of the day.

i found them to be a bit over priced. used atkins at birstall passed 1st time and saved £200 result.

I used Atkins for class 2 in 2004 they are cheap for a reason, my so-called instructor was a “mate” of Mr Atkins (he liked to be payed in cash for the course at the time), consequently it took me a number of attempts to pass, i vowed never to use them again, do they still have the “bombsite” potholed reversing area next to the stables ?, you get what you pay for i.m.h.o .

yes they are in same yard. i paid by cash, went past other day and they got new volvo fm/fh and new trailers.

Did my class one and two with them very good company happy days :smiley: :smiley:

I’m doing my class 2 with them next month I was impressed with them & now that they do test on site was a plus for me

Although a lot of recommendations is good, it is best to go along and see how YOU feel. Have an assessment and get a feel for the vehicle, trainer and general lie of the land.

I did both class 2&1 there, was impressed with the whole set up, Keith I think his name is was especially good for my class 1.

Bumping this up as I am raining there now, test on Friday. I like the pot holed yard as practicing reversing in it and with the limited space should make the test a piece of cake for reversing anyway :smiley: :smiley: