L & T Driver Training?

Wondering if anyone has had experience good or otherwise of L & T Driver Training, Pontefract West Yorkshire?

Have my Class2 and am considering parting with my dosh with them for my Class1…again!

Rob

I passed 1st time with L&T, the instructor was a lad called Andy Keys.
The unit is a brand new Merc Axor, 4 over 4. The trailer I learned with was a 40ft, but I’ve since seen it has now been changed to about a 35ft…not good in my opinion.
The setup seems ok, I paid about 900 quid, worth it though.

Thanks for your reply Billy, well done on your first time pass, I hope I can follow your lead.

I had an assesment with them this afternoon…in that lovelyjubbly Merc…
and have fixed up to start training Friday 27th Feb plus Sat and Sun with my test at Wetherby Monday 1st March 0845am.

Am not sure who is going to be my instructor but they all seem very friendly and helpful. This compared to last week when I pulled out of a training course at another place as the instructor took away what confidence I had and simply mashed my head.

A trainer must first have the knowledge which this guy did I guess but must also be able to communicate this to everyone he teaches, unless it was me being extremely thick after just two days, just say we weren’t singing off the same hymn sheet…being told “how DID you get your class two” and getting tapped with a window squeegy if I messed up was not IMHO the way to train someone.

So am itching to get out and get the job completed this time. Thanks again mate for your positive comments.

Rob

Hey Rob, glad to see youve got booked up for your C+E mate… :smiley:

Just wanna wish you all the very best of luck on your training, and on the test its self. :wink: :wink:

Just dont forget to give us your daily Diary will ya…

I used ADTS (Advanced Driver Training Services) Paul Gentle for my class 2 and class 1 moons ago. Top bloke and a ex Royal Mail DAF85 with 40ft skelly does the job nicely :smiley: Sensible prices too. He’s based in the container base - 0800 085 1265. Tell him I sent you.

Good luck