Kwickasair scammell crusaders

Anyone remember a company called Kwickasair ? I’ve Googled it but it comes up with an Australian company.
The Kwickasair company I remember seeing on the London South Circular “no M25 those days” were Scammell Crusaders with sleeper cabs and I think TIR tilt trailers, I assume they did continental work ? anyone got any pic’s or stories would be appreciated.

purple livery and orange kangaroos i think? airfreight stuff…nice normal overnight trunk …london to glasgow non stop ,kip in a container then return the next night…a doddle considering the trucks were good for 80+ including the daf 3200 ones if my memory serves me well :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
purple livery and orange kangaroos i think? airfreight stuff…nice normal overnight trunk …london to glasgow non stop ,kip in a container then return the next night…a doddle considering the trucks were good for 80+ including the daf 3200 ones if my memory serves me well :slight_smile:

Thanks mate spot on purple livery with a Kangaroo ■■ that’s them.

The reason it comes up with an Australian company is because it was, an Australian company

This one’s on TruckNet, scrapbook memories page 207, could be more scattered about, its on Google images and another one also a rigid Ford. Les.

In Australia, Kwikasair was taken over by TNT, maybe the same happened in the UK??

kmills:
In Australia, Kwikasair was taken over by TNT, maybe the same happened in the UK??

Kwikasair started in the uk from butlers wharf at Greenford with 4 crusaders of which 2 were factory sleepers and two were sleepers by another company.shortly after setting up they bought out a small company who were running Geneva and this was the start of the groupage service with Paris starting shortly after.A f88 was the next artic put on and after some time they bought out fast forwarding from camberley and moved the whole operation there.

I started with them along with John Allen as we were both with SCA before we went to kwikasair and I took the first truck over the water for them which was UGH947M and then later had the f88 from new.

I left when they moved to Camberly

If you want to know any more just ask me as I can fill you in up till the move to camberley

If I remember correctly, Geoff Frost (ex Astrans) worked for Kwickasair when they were in Camberley…
Not sure how much Middle East work they did… Geoff did a lot for Astrans…he towed me from Arra’r on the Tapline to Oryx’s in Adana… 1200 miles on the bar… A very troubling experience…

imagesGICRAYQY.jpg
kwik01.jpg

i stood in a whiskey bond in dubarton loading up 20 yards away from that purple trailer the daf in the pic was pulling.
a subby comes up asking…ive to lift a trailer for kawasackisair thats meant to be loaded,but i cant find it anywhere.

do you mean quick as air?
yep
i points to it saying ,there it is over there.
it was poetry watching him mouth out the name along with the penny dropping when he worked out what kwikasair sounds like when you read it. :slight_smile:

ERF-NGC-European:

“Crusaders on order will have the 310bhp engine”
I wonder what engine that would have been? IIRC, 4x2 Crusaders had 220 or 280 RR engines, while 6x4s had Rolls 305s in the GB Army, or Detroit 8v71s (306-318bhp, depending on where you read it) elsewhere. ■■■■■■■ 335s were about 317bhp net, but I can’t remember if they went into Crusaders.

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

“Crusaders on order will have the 310bhp engine”
I wonder what engine that would have been? IIRC, 4x2 Crusaders had 220 or 280 RR engines, while 6x4s had Rolls 305s in the GB Army, or Detroit 8v71s (306-318bhp, depending on where you read it) elsewhere. ■■■■■■■ 335s were about 317bhp net, but I can’t remember if they went into Crusaders.

Probably a slightly tweeked RR 305. Robert