Kuehne Nagel Whitbread contract

Anybody got any info on class 2 work on this contract?

Gather its multi drop delivering to Prem Inns and Beefeaters?

Is it 3663 and Brakes style work?

Cheers in advance

I applied direct to them yesterday for Manchester but there is also an agency recruiting temps on their behalf, I rang them this morning and she was quite patronising as iv been on tarmac tippers for last 4 years.
She wants people super duper experienced in multi drop as she believes it’s a hard job.
Up here it’s little Daf lf55’s marked in costa livery. Mainly costa stores 15-20 drops on days and 10-15 at night as you have to let yourself into the stores and put stuff away and then lock up/set alarm.
She said they also do premier Inns and beefeaters.

Cheers for that mate.

Seen advert for class 2 work out of Normanton. It made out was delivering to the Prem Inns and Beefeaters?

Seen the 7.5t Costa’s knocking around…dont fancy that side it!

Did the Whitbreads from Manchester site.

Whaddya wanna know?
Class 2 work, sack barrow and pump truck into the kitchens, job is right enough, bit of graft but keeps you trim, youll find out who keeps you fed and watered :wink:
My biggest gripe was our managers, I would say we copped for the worst,
its at least an 11 hour day, always training on 1 module or another, earliest start was 4am, may have changed now but its day work anyway, give it a whirl.

Costa’s - Not for me, 24/7 365 days a year, yes you can be out in a City centre delivering Xmas Day/NYE night, and it seemed an utter ballache.

Any questions drop me a PM.

Applied for…see if hear owt back.

How many drops looking at? They just to Prem Inns and Beefeaters or are there more tips thrown in? Currently on multi drop doing general haulage.

Its advertised as a 48hr week, working 4 on, 4 off so expecting 12hr shifts. Could handle 4am starts if done by 4pm!

Def give Costa a miss tho!

mbax81:
Applied for…see if hear owt back.

How many drops looking at? They just to Prem Inns and Beefeaters or are there more tips thrown in? Currently on multi drop doing general haulage.

Its advertised as a 48hr week, working 4 on, 4 off so expecting 12hr shifts. Could handle 4am starts if done by 4pm!

Def give Costa a miss tho!

4 on 4 off will be Costa, Prem’s contract is only Mon - sat.

K + N site just says whitbread

As I say I spoke to the agency also advertising it (manpower) and she said it was all Costa and pump trucks etc …

Whitbread own Costa so not really a fib.
Costa is multi drop 15+ drops a day, plastic crates and sack barrow.

I know I’m just trying to Tell him what the work is, I seem to think they have bigger Daf CF’s for hotel stuff?

It’s the little LF’s for costa, bigger than 7.5 though?

Drove past Hiway Express at Normanton today.

Were 5 or 6 7.5t Costa’s in yard. Also what looked like an 18t DAF with Prem Inn livery

In Trafford the Costa was 7.5t work, think they had 1 or 2 12tonners, all in Costa livery.
Prems were 18T CF’s or urban trailers in Prem livery,
From what ive seen when they were at the beer yard in Wakefield the Prems are just the 18Tonners.

Was in the beer yard the other week and they were saying the Whitbread has been moved over to Hi-Way because its got too big and is still growing, that Costa is growing at an amazing rate.

Down in Manc they are moving down the road into the chilled Wincanton yard.

I also did a little on the Premier Inn jobby out of Manchester (T. Park), I don’t like that sort of work, so not really impartial.

Think I had about 10 deliveries on, but they were starting around Wakefield, and final drop was Newcastle, and this was in the snow a year or 2 ago. Ended up on my 15hrs at Wetherby, they paid for me to stay in the Days Inn.

Got fed at 2 of the drops and offered food at another 2, and a brew at all of the drops. Went to 1 drop, there was snow piled around the gate, they passed ME the shovel, I told them that the only way I was using that shovel in their yard was to bury their dead body if they didn’t sort that snow out, or I could of course take the stuff back. They moved the snow.

Anybody currently working on this in manchester?

Got a couple of mates in there.

I’ve worked there for 14 years at Trafford park ,we moved to new premises about 12 months ago into Marshall Stevens way ,I’m on the Urbans delivering to the restaurants at the premier inn sites all cage work and a lot of the drops are drop and go,a few years ago they built a depot in Leeds so we don’t do the North East anymore and very little drops in the Midlands due to a depot a Wellingborough.On the restaurant side we don’t work Sunday’s and its job and finish so most days done about 3ish.Costa deliveries are 24/7 365 a year but get extras like key holder allowance because they have to let themselves in the stores and put the products in the fridges etc.I’m not sure of the wages of the costa lads because I’m on the very old Whitbread contract but the basic on the restaurant side is about 25k although I earned nearly 32k last year ,all in all its a cracking job if you don’t mind some hard graft ,anything else you need to know just ask

waynedl:
I told them that the only way I was using that shovel in their yard was to bury their dead body if they didn’t sort that snow out, or I could of course take the stuff back. They moved the snow.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Did you really say that to somebody that you’d seemingly never met before and didn’t know from Adam, or is it yet another of the suitably typical embellished trucker’s/BS (delete depending on your view) tales that appear on here?

gaz1668:
I’ve worked there for 14 years at Trafford park ,we moved to new premises about 12 months ago into Marshall Stevens way ,I’m on the Urbans delivering to the restaurants at the premier inn sites all cage work and a lot of the drops are drop and go,a few years ago they built a depot in Leeds so we don’t do the North East anymore and very little drops in the Midlands due to a depot a Wellingborough.On the restaurant side we don’t work Sunday’s and its job and finish so most days done about 3ish.Costa deliveries are 24/7 365 a year but get extras like key holder allowance because they have to let themselves in the stores and put the products in the fridges etc.I’m not sure of the wages of the costa lads because I’m on the very old Whitbread contract but the basic on the restaurant side is about 25k although I earned nearly 32k last year ,all in all its a cracking job if you don’t mind some hard graft ,anything else you need to know just ask

Thanks been in today, got a start next week, abc training? On nights

What is that abc?

Olog Hai:

waynedl:
I told them that the only way I was using that shovel in their yard was to bury their dead body if they didn’t sort that snow out, or I could of course take the stuff back. They moved the snow.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Did you really say that to somebody that you’d seemingly never met before and didn’t know from Adam, or is it yet another of the suitably typical embellished trucker’s/BS (delete depending on your view) tales that appear on here?

I did, but obviously in a way that doesn’t come across on text on a screen.

Sometimes I misjudge people, as we all do, but normally you can tell who you can have a bit of banter with, say things in a certain way to etc…

AsphaltAnimal:
What is that abc?

Good stuff mate ,abc training is just the training modules to show you how everything works ,I think there is something like 60 different ones .