Kuehne nagel assesment

got a assessment and interview this week anyone been or got a heads up on what they are like to work for :smiley:

danj:
got a assessment and interview this week anyone been or got a heads up on what they are like to work for :smiley:

Depends which part.

I’ve worked for K+N 3 times at 3 different depots doing 3 completely different jobs.

All were ok though. 2 out of the 3 were BY THE BOOK 100%, the other was a bit old skool (although I’m going back around 6yrs now) and is now only K+N by name as the staffing is done by another firm (don’t want to give too many details)

So, for an assessment, I’d be by the book to be on the safe side, check 5th wheel height before connecting, trailer height (and indicator), oil, water, test all lights and screen wash and horn, check ‘o’ licence and tax disc dates and mot disc on the trailer etc etc etc

They mostly run Iveco units in my experience, 1 of the jobs had Merc Axor rigids but Iveco artics and 1 had a couple of MAN artics but again mostly Iveco.

I work for k & n on the whitbread contract at Trafford park ,I’ve been there 14 years and loved every minute of it although I’m on the old whitbread contract so my terms and conditions are great but even on the the new k & n contracts you can still earn around 30k ,don’t know which depot your at but we don’t work Sundays and are done most afternoons for 3 ,I also know some of the guys on Virgin media side and kndl side and all seem happy good luck I might see you around

gaz1668:
I work for k & n on the whitbread contract at Trafford park ,I’ve been there 14 years and loved every minute of it although I’m on the old whitbread contract so my terms and conditions are great but even on the the new k & n contracts you can still earn around 30k ,don’t know which depot your at but we don’t work Sundays and are done most afternoons for 3 ,I also know some of the guys on Virgin media side and kndl side and all seem happy good luck I might see you around

Are you on the artic’s or the rigids? You might have seen me in there a few times, but last time I was in there was either 2 or 3 yrs ago when we had that bad snow and I was doing the North East multi-drop and got stuck out, ended up doing a night out at Days Inn in Wetherby Services. K+N organised a decent rate (£20 for the night IIRC) which included the truck parking and the agency paid it me back straight away when I returned.
Although, don’t know if it was the agency or the K+N contract, but I only got the hours for driving back the next day paid, even though it had cost me a days work - and this was me doing them a favour because I knew before I’d done all my drops I’d get stuck out (hence the organised night at the Days Inn) and phoned up and said I was bringing some drops back, so wasn’t too happy about that and left the agency the next day.

I’m on the Urban multi drops to the premier inns but we do cover rigid runs now and again ,it’s early starts but most of the time early finishes and no north east anymore as the new Leeds depot covers it ,happy days

gaz1668:
I’m on the Urban multi drops to the premier inns but we do cover rigid runs now and again ,it’s early starts but most of the time early finishes and no north east anymore as the new Leeds depot covers it ,happy days

That’s good, it was a bit too much for a day run even without any incidents.

I was bang on 15hrs when I pulled into Wetherby on my way back, but that snow was bad and everyone was crawling along and had to dig my way into a few delivery points and dig the snow from behind the gates to open them etc, probably a 12hr day normally I reckon.

Glad I drive boxes these days (on agency still, currently drive for Deben round the corner from you) as if the yard is full of snow, I just stop and turn laptop on :grimacing:

Yes I know Deben ,some of the way the pickers stacked pallets made our job hell but about a year ago we went to all cage deliveries so it’s got much easier apart from trapping your fingers now and again .

its on arctics at the new derby site think they are moving from dove valley :smiley:

I did my assessment 2 yrs ago at Trafford Park, had to answer some general questions on hours, tacho and regs the normal stuff. Then out on the road for around 15/20 mins drive the assessor Bob Lord at Trafford Park sound bloke.
My assessment was as an agency, been in there a handful of times as am with another client of agency 99% of the year, plenty of hours all breaks are paid on agency. Most deliveries and to their own depots, Manpower are the sole suppliers of drivers to K+N any other agency supplying drivers are requested by Manpower.

danj:
its on arctics at the new derby site think they are moving from dove valley :smiley:

Sounds like a cold job, I’ll stick to the UK :grimacing:

I would stick to the UK but would probably learn to read the language. :wink:

danj:
I would stick to the UK but would probably learn to read the language. :wink:

Erm. ok? Don’t getcha… It was only a joke on the word ‘arctic’ instead of ‘artic’ :wink:

ok sorry wayne hope you feel all warm and fuzzy inside now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Danj, Hope you don’t mind me asking.
How soon after applying did they contact you, and how did they contact you?
I applied earlier this week and missed a phone call on my mobile the next day from a withheld number. I thought it might be them. No one has rang back since, It might not have been them.
Hope your assessment went well.
Cheers.