Krupp cab atkinsons

240 Gardner:

robroy:
Anybody know of any surviving Krupp cabbed Atkinsons from the late 60s early 70s era, if so any photos or info please.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no survivors. I have photos of some of them, and I have the original chassis build cards for most of them.

Hi 240Gardner,many years ago Paddy Blake from Comberbach, Nr Northwich had one in his garage which he was going to restore, but don’t know if he ever did anything with it or if he still has it, I think it had a 220 rolls in it.

Dont know what cab these are.Maybe 240 Gardner will know transportphotos.com/road/photos

HuB1176.jpg
HuC1058.jpg
HuM0752.jpg

Here’s the link to a more recent thread on these. Robert

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=118469

If the grey cells are working properly I think the Lucozade 8-wheeler has the Homalloy cab, but I’m willing to be corrected. Paul.101 or leylandlover will be able to confirm or deny.

robert1952:
Here’s the link to a more recent thread on these. Robert

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=118469

Thanks for that Robert I must admit I hadn’t seen that thread cheers.John.

Anybody know of any surviving Krupp cabbed Atkinsons from the late 60s early 70s era, if so any photos or info please.

Sure that theres a pick of a UK reg one in scrapbook memories by bubbs - wouldnt of thought there would be many left nowadays - if any ?

robroy:

To the best of my knowledge, there are no survivors. I have photos of some of them, and I have the original chassis build cards for most of them.

Hi Bubbleman put this pic on the Southampton thread (Page 61)some time ago

Intercontinental Trucking Services of Southampton

Regards Pat

An Atkinson taken in Portugal. I do not know what the cab is but I think they also used Henschell cabs after they stopped production.

ainacs:
Hi Bubbleman put this pic on the Southampton thread (Page 61)some time ago

Intercontinental Trucking Services of Southampton

Regards Pat

I think that the livery application on this example is more than enough to disguise the basic ugliness of the thing!

It has a Wakefield reg., which suggests that it was registered by Comberhill Commercials, once a big Atki dealer.
Sometime around the summer of 1970, they were advertising a choice of 10 of these machines, presumably all the ones they’d built and didn’t sell in Belgium. I’ve only ever seen a photo of one in a Belgian operator’s colours.

I’d guess that the two operated by Silver Knight Transport came from Comberhill, but the one in your photo is on a K plate, which makes it after 1 August 1971. It obviously took some shifting off the forecourt! The one operated by Dixons Meats had a Lancashire reg, so was probably registered by the factory.

I do have the Comberhill advert in a Comical Motor - I’ll try to find it.

Numbum:
An Atkinson taken in Portugal. I do not know what the cab is but I think they also used Henschell cabs after they stopped production.

Nice photo, thanks!