Krone euroliners

Looking to buy 2 or 3 seconhand flat trailers with sockets and posts for carrying steel,any original flats with sockets and posts are making ridiculous money at the moment so I’m thinking about buying 2005 - 2008 Krone euroliners with original sockets for posts and cutting them down to flats.

Just wondering if anyone on here has done this and if so what do you think? Are they strong enough for 28 - 30 ton of rebar in and out of construction sites every day? Pulled them before for LKW Walter and was impressed by them but not sure if they’d be up to the job as a flat?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Transc:
Looking to buy 2 or 3 seconhand flat trailers with sockets and posts for carrying steel,any original flats with sockets and posts are making ridiculous money at the moment so I’m thinking about buying 2005 - 2008 Krone euroliners with original sockets for posts and cutting them down to flats.

Just wondering if anyone on here has done this and if so what do you think? Are they strong enough for 28 - 30 ton of rebar in and out of construction sites every day? Pulled them before for LKW Walter and was impressed by them but not sure if they’d be up to the job as a flat?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Job I was on before had one and to be honest it was crap they cut the headboard down too which was pointless…
it would have been better to leave it as a Euroliner zip open roof etc and you still have all the rings and anchor points in the floor and easy sheet :wink: keeps everything in too

Not owned a krone but have looked at them and other European trailers and they are not built as strong as uk built ones. Possibly they are geared towards euro 40 t work rather than uk 44 t work. Although putting rebar on them at least it’s an evenly distributed load.

Hi! I used one at 48ton and it worked great,sure it bent a bit when i had concretebems on.(see pics)but on all of the other things we hauled it was good.So i cant say nothing bad about it really.

Reg Danne

Thanks Dan for the pics,
Hollowcore is hard on trailers as the weight sits on only two points and any trailer will bend a bit when loaded like that,as Coiler says they do look a bit light/weak compared to a Dennison,SDC etc but they seem very strong,maybe what we are used to is not always best?

Hi! I think Its good,when we hauled crane weigths we load 30-33 ton and no problem same with steel,timber or pallets.evan took a Volvo L70 from Stockholm to Gällivare about 1140km so it was a good trailer for us.

Danne

Found a pic With the L70 on,looks good.

Danne

I have used krone trailers for the last 8 years and never had any problems with the strength etc. I have also converted 3 krone euroliners into flat trailers, again with no problems. In my opinion they are very good trailers.

Thanks djk,I think I’ll go ahead and buy some,they are much better value for money at the moment than a genuine flat SDC,Dennison etc.