Know your onions

drover:

edd1974:
If I was stopped I’d be asking ok fair enough. So you tell me how it should be secured down.
There quick at telling us it’s not secure. But not so forward at telling us.how it should be done.
I’d of been asking them to show me.tell me how do I secure it then. And if they don’t know just say we how do I know then?

Um you know because you’re a fully qualified Professional driver! You also passed the driver cpc![/quote in that case then are police/dvsa professional drivers and also CPC trained?
I’m guessing.not so on my qualified eyes it’s secure

Unless then can produce a leaflet or form that says this is how to strap a pallet of onions…

fuse:
why not say " ok driver good job ,but I would have put another strap here" then explained why then let him get on his way. What a fine start to the day that would have been

You know why, because people don’t change their behaviour if there’s no consequences

edd1974:

drover:

edd1974:
If I was stopped I’d be asking ok fair enough. So you tell me how it should be secured down.
There quick at telling us it’s not secure. But not so forward at telling us.how it should be done.
I’d of been asking them to show me.tell me how do I secure it then. And if they don’t know just say we how do I know then?

Um you know because you’re a fully qualified Professional driver! You also passed the driver cpc!
[/quote in that case then are police/dvsa professional drivers and also CPC trained?
I’m guessing.not so on my qualified eyes it’s secure

Unless then can produce a leaflet or form that says this is how to strap a pallet of onions…

To be secure though it must be compliant with the rules, that doesn’t mean that I think everything that isn’t compliant isn’t safe, but by definition it’s not secure.

They have for quite some time published a pretty good comprehensive guide on load security, have you read it?

drover:

edd1974:

Um you know because you’re a fully qualified Professional driver! You also passed the driver cpc!

i was never aware that you could fail a driver cpc correct me if i am wrong thanks