Knocking a block off

rob22888:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/video_update_lorry_crashes_into_house_in_coltishall_1_3837474

Looks like he was en route to some poxy convenience store in the nearby village. Ultimately the drivers fault, but NISA don’t help matters by expecting convenience stores in areas like this to be serviced by 13m trailers.

Yes I agree driver should of used common spence but some of these convenience stores really should look at the size if vehicle they send.
That’s what put me off a job with one stop,all done in artics and the shops iv seen access is always an issue.

rob22888:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/video_update_lorry_crashes_into_house_in_coltishall_1_3837474

Looks like he was en route to some poxy convenience store in the nearby village. Ultimately the drivers fault, but NISA don’t help matters by expecting convenience stores in areas like this to be serviced by 13m trailers.

But how many deliveries has that shop had previously without incident?!

It’s pretty much, if you can get an artic there, then it’s going on an artic!

I’ve done quite a bit if nisa, early on in my driving career and I’m glad I did, propper in at the deep end!!

Looking at the angle of the dangle of the trailer it looks like he/she had their eye on the bottom of the trailer thinking they had made it through but forgot it had a top part :slight_smile: typical agency driver mistake :smiley:
It’s easy done, “my mate” took the paint off a overhead gantry around the back of a supermarket in a similar situation :blush: but fortunately for “my mate” no-one noticed :smiley:

“A man who was in the cottage at the time, was unhurt and has headed off to work”…He’s keen!!

DAF95XF:

dew:
Alright, where shall we start?

Foreigner?
Agency?
Ex-Stobarts?

Missed any?

Tesco :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :wink:

Driving down the cost of living. :smiling_imp:

Lets not get carried away jumping to conclusions …

How do we know that the house didnt jump out and try assaulting the trailer?

Surely you would have to question the sat nav if it did try to take you down that road… I’ve done country roads where I’ve driven past and gone "zb that"and carried on driving.

B1 GGK:

It probably did - But we all know “It’s always the lorry driver’s fault anyway!!”

Toddy2:

B1 GGK:

It probably did - But we all know “It’s always the lorry driver’s fault anyway!!”

:laughing: :laughing:

I still remember when an Asda lorry crashed near here and the local radio announced it with the headline “A Supermarket articulated lorry has collided with a barn on the A65” and were inundated with questions of how fast the barn was going, did it have lights on ect… :laughing:

msgyorkie:
Another SatNaff follower!
According to the EDP he was travelling from North Walsham to Wroxham, so why didnt he go via the main roads of A149 and then A1151?
He got stuck down a side road off the B1151. You can get to Wroxham by that road, its not great but doable but the mystery is why did he then turn into the side road called “The Hill”? I wouldnt take that route in a car let alone a wagon. The only obvious answer was he satnav told him to! :unamused:

Was it a CAR satnav? :open_mouth: Why would you buy/use/trust one, especially when it costs more than the £36 you can get a TRUCK satnav for?
Especially driving a bendy… :unamused:

dew:
Alright, where shall we start?

Foreigner?
Agency?
Ex-Stobarts?

Missed any?

what about the fact that the driver might actually be an employed driver for nisa ,it is quite possible