Knock Knock, it`s a Scania!

I drive a Scania Topliner with the fold-up steps.

All night long, there is a constant “knock-knock” noise from the passenger door (or thereabouts) Drives me round the twist, it does.

It is obviously due to heat expansion, as it is more pronounced in cold weather. Our other Topliner does it too.

Anyone else suffer this? What can I do?

HELP! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

GET A VOLVO :wink:

Vince, is it not the suspension settling or whatever ?

The ones I drove for MacFarlanes with fold up steps did it but the 530 I had at S&L was quiet as a mouse. Still drove like a Scania though and they’re certainly not my first wagon choice for a variety of reasons.

yeah vince mine does it too but stops after a while

You havn’t got someone’s braces caught it your passenger door have you :question:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

vince, you need to jack the cab up until the metal stays come out of the step brace then slap grease over the metal stays and drop the cab back down.
alternatively go to a scania dealer and ask them to remove the worn plastic pads from the metal stays and replace them with new ones.
most dealers won’t do this but some may supply you with the plastic pads and you can do it yourself.

Thanks very much for that Johnny, I will give that a go next week.

Vince

Johnny is right but don’t do it with grease unless you don’t mind it on your legs every time brush against the inside of door/stepcover when you get in or out, and if your thinking that you dont ever touch that part of the cab on entry you will get a surprise when it is got grease on it.

Johnny & NBK’s idea may be the right way & its only an idea but you could realign the step against a " road safety camera van" at 56mph & solve two problems at once. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: