This post might get removed.

Knp logistics.

knpgroup.com/about-us/

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

fingermissing:
Has Knights of old closed down■■?

This post might get removed.

KNP Ltd now

They subbie for us, and rumour on our group chat says they cease trading at midnight. I’ll find out for sure tomorrow.

If they have, oh noes! Who will do all our easy runs while we do all the ■■■■? Though as they’re pretty near, we could take some of them on.
Mind you, they’ll have to start strapping the loads, instead of just hooking up and tearing off down the road.

skell790:
They subbie for us, and rumour on our group chat says they cease trading at midnight. I’ll find out for sure tomorrow.

If they have, oh noes! Who will do all our easy runs while we do all the [zb]? Though as they’re pretty near, we could take some of them on.
Mind you, they’ll have to start strapping the loads, instead of just hooking up and tearing off down the road.

That will deffo get the thread taken down now. You can’t even if you have a rumour they might have post that they might have on a forum. It opens up the forum owners to problems etc not to mention trouble for a business and it’s reputation if not true.

islandecho.co.uk/job-fears- … istration/

uk.news.yahoo.com/thoughts-stev … Md_kSocMBq

Reported in the media so saved the post from now being deleted.

Do Knights of old still have the Mole Valley Farmers contract?

Steve Porter
Knights of old
Nelson Distribution
Lloyd Fraser
Any one else to add to this list

I posted on another site yesterday about the closure of Lloyd Fraser in the north west. Apparently farmers were having to pour milk away as it hadn’t been collected.

Didn’t realise it was part of the same group.

Quinny:
I posted on another site yesterday about the closure of Lloyd Fraser in the north west. Apparently farmers were having to pour milk away as it hadn’t been collected.

Lloyd Fraser isn’t part of the same group. Think that poster was just giving a list of companies that have gone belly up. Nelson, knp and Steve porter are all under the Steve porter group from what I can tell, so I can see where your confusion came from.

simcor:

Quinny:

Lloyd Fraser isn’t part of the same group. Think that poster was just giving a list of companies that have gone belly up. Nelson, knp and Steve porter are all under the Steve porter group from what I can tell, so I can see where your confusion came from.

Yes. Me being a driver and all, I am not paid to think correctly…

Actually sorry it’s Knp that acquired Steve porter and other companies. So if it’s the whole group that has gone you can add other names to the list of the knp group.

The group - which includes hauliers Knights of Old, AE Parker, Nelson Distribution, NDL Holdings, Steve Porter Transport, and driver training firm Merlin Supply Chain Solutions.

Steve Porter are still in business. Just seen an apology in the trade press. Someone issues the wrong statement.

WheelsofCardiff:
Steve Porter are still in business. Just seen an apology in the trade press. Someone issues the wrong statement.

Judging by the posts on various places of people who allegedly work there being stood down and told to clear their vehicles it seems it is likely true. A press release was made by a PR firm about it, they have likely been told to retract the statement until a formal statement is made. Steve Porter is owned by KNP. So if KNP are going bust then it’s likely all its subsidiaries are also. It was also reported the KNP group would make a statement on Monday I believe. So it’s mostly smoke and mirrors likely, the people who really know the truth at those that have been told to clear out their cabs etc.

simcor:

WheelsofCardiff:

Judging by the posts on various places of people who allegedly work there being stood down and told to clear their vehicles it seems it is likely true. A press release was made by a PR firm about it, they have likely been told to retract the statement until a formal statement is made. Steve Porter is owned by KNP. So if KNP are going bust then it’s likely all its subsidiaries are also. It was also reported the KNP group would make a statement on Monday I believe. So it’s mostly smoke and mirrors likely, the people who really know the truth at those that have been told to clear out their cabs etc.

Found out that ex work mate who works for Porters on the IOW as been made redundant
Also what happens to SP’s Pallet force contract ?

There’s a warehouse I drive past daily usually full of Knights of Old trailers… yesterday evening most of those trailers were missing, and the yard seemed half full of Maritime trailers instead, which struck me as a bit odd.

It makes sense now on the back of this news.

Just seen on Face book Nelson’s have been brought by the owners of AKW etc

simcor:
That will deffo get the thread taken down now. You can’t even if you have a rumour they might have post that they might have on a forum. It opens up the forum owners to problems etc not to mention trouble for a business and it’s reputation if not true.

The business doesn’t exist… And there was a DVSA post on TwitteX starring one of their unstrapped ADR loads a while back.

Anyway, a load of their drivers have wandered into our office looking for work over the past couple of days. Some of them do bother doing the load security plus leaving trailers and equipment in a decent state thing and we know who they are, so they’ll be front of the queue for the jobs that are going spare.

blue estate:

simcor:

WheelsofCardiff:

Found out that ex work mate who works for Porters on the IOW as been made redundant

That will be one for the yellow death bluey

justpassing:

blue estate:

simcor:

WheelsofCardiff:

Judging by the posts on various places of people who allegedly work there being stood down and told to clear their vehicles it seems it is likely true. A press release was made by a PR firm about it, they have likely been told to retract the statement until a formal statement is made. Steve Porter is owned by KNP. So if KNP are going bust then it’s likely all its subsidiaries are also. It was also reported the KNP group would make a statement on Monday I believe. So it’s mostly smoke and mirrors likely, the people who really know the truth at those that have been told to clear out their cabs etc. ]

That will be one for the yellow death bluey

They won’t have him back as we both were at AFS when yellow death took them over