Knights of old vacancies

Noticed on there website they are looking for Class 1 & 2 drivers.

Anyone know what they are like to work, areas covered, nighyts out, money ect.

Will be looking for class 2.

Many thanks

don’t know bout money etc,but i’v seen their class1 lads up scotland alot.try calling them up and ask the questions you want answered m8.good luck

I went for an interview with these about ooooooooo 18 months ago. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If my memory serves me right the class 2 drivers dont do nights out, the hourly rate If i remember correctly was £6.40 P/H. The class 1’s aint on much over £7.00 P/H.

They have a good reputation as a long standing company with SHINY NEW TRUCKS, Need I say any more to the seasoned members■■? :wink: :wink:

I downloaded and filled in there application form off there website back in Jan 09 and sent a follow up e-mail 6 weeks later asking if they could confirm they had received the application didn’t receive a single call back/letter/e-mail…wouldn’t waste my time that is my opinion.

I have applied to many companies that are advertising on their websites and had nowt back, now i ring first to make sure they are looking, 99.9% of the time they are unaware that their web page is showing this and thus have no vacancies, my advice, call first…

They are not currently looking for drivers, they’ve had that ad up for over a year now, I rang them up about three weeks back [when ad was still on the site] they sent me out an application form and said they’d keep my details on file for when they start to recruit again, in terms of what they’re like to work for, I have no idea sorry

Now recruiting at both the Kettering and (new) Hitchin depot :wink:

i worked at viamaster in leeds, which is there sister company, (in each others pockets), don’t reckon much to both of em to be honest

grahamzx6r:
i worked at viamaster in leeds, which is there sister company, (in each others pockets), don’t reckon much to both of em to be honest

They are a partner in the Partnerlink network along with AK Worthington, David Hathaway, Simpson Bros, Gordon Leslie, Viamaster and a few others, so not really a sister company as they are all independents.
Always friendly and helpful when I used to drop/swap trailers and even let me use their facilities :slight_smile: you couldn’t kip on site though :confused: although it is a 24 hour operation so the back of the retail park nearby was quieter!

Gordon leslie is not a partner,viamaster is not a sister company please get your info correct before posting

howatsi:

grahamzx6r:

They are a partner in the Partnerlink network along with AK Worthington, David Hathaway, Simpson Bros, Gordon Leslie, Viamaster and a few others, so not really a sister company as they are all independents.
Always friendly and helpful when I used to drop/swap trailers and even let me use their facilities :slight_smile: you couldn’t kip on site though :confused: although it is a 24 hour operation so the back of the retail park nearby was quieter!

we had some good laughs down there ian

Phil6x4:
Gordon leslie is not a partner,viamaster is not a sister company please get your info correct before posting

the term (sister company) was used very loosely, there was alot of whispering and alot of talk from the office when i was at viamaster, that knights of old, bailed out viamaster quite a few times with extra work, only because viamaster lost alot of contracts and had to sell quite a few rigids, mainly because they were concentrating on the partnerlink crap and sticking 15 drops on an artic day runs, i used the term sister company, because when things went ■■■■ up there they always went to knights of old, and i’m not knocking that, infact out of all the companies mentioned that are in partnerlink, knights of old are quite superior to the rest of them, in my opinion, at least they go over to ireland and into europe, instead of sticking to local, 1 pallet deliveries that have come off the overnight trunk… rant over :slight_smile:

I knew the son of the bloke who used to own it - top guy all round but his family hasn’t had anything to do with it for at least the last 3 years if my maths adds up.