Knight of the road

Foolhardy? Maybe, but it’s nice for a driver to be praised for a change.
Well done that man.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -help.html

I’ve done it before years ago on the M25 towards Heathrow when they were widening it, if I remember right it was a fiesta that’d broken down too…

could have got himself killed…i would have advised the motorist to get out of the car,stand somewhere safe-ish and ring for help.

Can’t believe how many idiots just drove by without helping, putting his life in danger in the process. Is sad to say this seems to be the mentality of too many people in this country. Too busy to help a stranded distressed person in need of help. Even if they wernt physically able to help push all one of the morons had to do is pull at the side of the truck to stop the other muppets going past. It would of took a minute or two out of their day, and would of eased the congestion too. Well done that man

carryfast-yeti:
could have got himself killed…i would have advised the motorist to get out of the car,stand somewhere safe-ish and ring for help.

Me also. Just think if one of those brainless tossers had hit him, crippled him for life or killed him.
I aint knocking him, but I don’t think he fully thought through a risk asessment and was just lucky.

Reminds me of the old days when I was young stupid and fearless changing offside trailer wheels on the hard shoulder, That’s right you young boy drivers we had to do that once, and not THAT long ago either.

During the war … :laughing:

no doubt it would beggar belief if we had plods ,or the multitude of by the book tacho zombies from heres opinion. fair play to the truckie,but leaves himself wide open to manslaughter or some other pishy charges if the predictable carnage occurred due to the way the world works nowadays…I wouldn’t imagine it would be hero truckie then?

noticed sunnyside removals wagon goes past as well,no doubt had a crew who could have helped the lorry driver

One thing he could have done was block that slip road when he stopped. Good on him for helping, not too many would nowadays.

In that situation I would have probably done the same.

If it was a vehicle stranded in lane 2 or 3 of a fast moving motorway I would probably stop if there was a hard shoulder, make sure they get out if the car safely, call the police and warn oncoming traffic to slow down until they arrive.