Knee replacement

I am asking if there are any drivers who have had a knee replacement and who are still driving HGV class 1

There is a possibility that I may require total replacement of my left knee in the future.
I am waiting for a reply from DVLA to confirm their policy regarding continuing driving after knee replacement but would be interested to hear from any drivers who have already had a knee replacement.
The sort of questions I need answers to are:
a. can you continue driving HGV (hopefully DVLA will confirm this)
b. assuming you are allowed to continue driving, how long did recovery take?
c. is there any restriction to the type of vehicle you can drive or to the number of hours you can work?
d. do you need any additional medical other than the normal HGV medical?

HELLO I have had one complete knee renewed and the other
has only had 50% renewed , ,I personally had no problems with
driving ,BUT do not try to go back too work before you are fully fit
the time to recover differs so one person may be able to return after say 3months and others take longer, I took 18months but i had the second op 6 months after
the first,so I took a year to be fully fit,
If you are fully fit then driving one of the new lorry’s with the automatic
box should be no problem , what is difficult is getting in and out of the lorry
Speak to your doctor who is doing the OP, they will explain to you what
They (doc,s) require from you, To get fully fit you need to follow their advice exactly, I had my ops done over here in Germany so I can
not help with the DVLA; Also my op,s were in 2005 and that was 4 years ago they have advanced since then and you may have less problems with the newer
OP methods.

I would like some advise please for my mom. She under went tkr surgery in October 2009 and everything went ok, until one month ago when she was admitted to hospital with high temperature,swelling on the knee and blisters had formed around the scar area.She was prescribed Augementin for 14 days and discharged and the hospital said that the blisters which were now even bigger were in fact Ecezma!!!and there was nothing more they needed to do.
Now 1 month on and she is no better. These crusts/blisters are preventing her from bending her leg but no one will tell her what’s wrong. They seem to think everything is ok. The blisters look like mould growing on the scar so someone advise please.

We had a driver on ANC,(before it was FedEx),who had both knees done when he was in his mid 60’s,and he’s still driving as far as I know,must be nearly 70 now.

Try getting another opinion from another Hospital,
that is what I would do if you are not satisfied with
what they say,