Kit list

To all you experienced drivers on here I am looking for your advice

I will be starting my job driving class 1 lorry on casual basis for a firm in N.Ireland but only passed my test few months back and they are giving me a chance to learn and gain experience.

I have seen some great advice on here and I will always be up front with other drivers when asking questions or looking for help when out and about. (Hope they are nice back :open_mouth: )

To help me on my first day can suggest a kit list I will require to make sure I have everything for my 7am to 7pm shift?

I will be asking enough questions as it is so a heads up for this would be great.

Any other tips for my first day would be great too

Thanks

Map.
Money.
Sat Nav.
Buttie Box.

Thanks dan :smiley:

Dont forget your digi card, and at home time too !
Pens, clipboard, phone,
Delivery paperwork !..Yes , Long ago I left it in the office on an international run !!!
Coat gloves hardhat hi vis boots
Tape measure… For trailer heights
Plasters
Food and drink

A sleeping bag just incase you get held up and can’t make it back to the yard (there’s nothing worse than sleeping in a lorry with no bedding)

Thanks guys for tips all being noted

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37297

Useful list here for nights out and a link to day shift kit list.

Socks!

Bale Bandit:
NIGHTS OUT - what should I take? - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (READ ONLY FORUM) - Trucknet UK

Useful list here for nights out and a link to day shift kit list.

Socks!

and all from a guy named ROG who has never gone more than six miles outside Leicester and has difficulties working out how a dipstick works

I think the list is collaboration of various different peoples post put together by ROG. I could be wrong though, that’s happened before.

I don’t think it makes too much odds where the blokes been, it seems like a sensible list, I cant fault too much with it and I’ve added a few bits to my kit from it.