Kirkpatrick Carriers - Redditch

Hi

Does anyone know anything about this company? They are advertising for drivers and im thinking of enquiring.

Many Thanks!

I used to work for them full-time about 12 years ago and I still do bits and pieces for them when it goes quiet at Fly By Nite.

In a nutshell, family run business, owned by Ray Kirkpatrick and managed by his sons, Neil and Leigh. Neil is the transport manager and Leigh manages the garage. Work is mainly general haulage, mostly curtainsiders (trailers are quite old but well maintained). The fleet is mainly Mercedes and they run everything from 7.5 tonners to artics, anything from X reg to 56 plate with one or two MegaSpace cabs. They’ll expect you to start on a motor and stay with it until it is replaced.

All the work is UK, some Irish but rarely continental. Customers include DCS (Stratford-upon-Avon) delivering straight palletised loads to supermarkets and wholesalers and AMS (Redditch) delivering shopfittings. Bear in mind, they’re are a general haulage firm so there is some groupage work.

Nights out and some weekend working is expected. I think (but I cannot be certain) they pay around £8.00 per hour for all hours, no overtime rate, paid fortnightly. No idea what they pay for working weekends and bank holidays. Staff turnover is quite low because they are a fairly laid back company to work for. Putting it another way, if I lost my job at Fly By Nite, I would definitely work full-time for them! Good company to work for!

Wow what a fantastic reply, some great info! Hope I get an interview now.