Kingston Bridge blowover

Anyone know if the driver is alright? I can’t quite see whos unit it is but it’s one of A&D’s.

I can’t get hold of some of the guys on the phone to find out whos driving. Bad though - That truck will have had thousands worth of booze…

It’s also a brand new volvo…

There is 2 over on the Kingston Bridge according to the BBC website but no reports on the drivers. :frowning:

M80 shut in the Glasgow area both directions.

Traffic coming off at the M77 merg and at the royal.

Going to be closed for a long time

A&D went over west bound at the old co op building trying to get off the motorway and there is a smaller 7.5 a few hundred yards behind it.

If a laden container lorry is getting blown over on a bridge that is not famous for blowovers it must be 100mph + surely?

That’s if it was laden - going westbound he may well have been going across empty to load from Mossend (or wherever) to Paisley/Hillington/etc.

If he was coming off there id suspect it would be with a load of furniture for vermont street. But still, ■■■■ new volvo and a great guy if it’s who i think it is…

And if he was going to load at mossend - he’d be going the other way :laughing:

edit : Itll be an empty ridgeway curtain having unloded with rolls of paper.

Heard on the radio whilst crossing Kincardine that gusts of 99mph had been recorded to the west of Glasgow.
Saw a John Lewis driver in a layby on the way there with one of these tall trailers with tiny wheels they run.Felt a bit sorry for the guy.

co op wanted me taking a decker up the whiskey trail… :smiling_imp:

stagedriver:
And if he was going to load at mossend - he’d be going the other way

Lucy:
going westbound he may well have been going across empty to load from Mossend (or wherever) to Paisley/Hillington/etc.

Specsavers is that way -------> :wink:

I left cov at 1 am this morning for Edinburgh and Stirling, passed one that had tipped on the m74 by cairn lodge 30 seconds after it’d happened, seen loads of trees blocking roads, m9 was shut after I’d tipped Edinburgh, had to go towards the forth and cut across to queensferry to get back on. It was supposed to be shut by Falkirk to bannockburn, but the cones had blown away afaik, and followed loads of traffic through, just a bit tight around the fallen trees!
Now parked up after getting my reload from Kilsyth in cambuslang, so hopefully they’d have died down a tad by the time I leave I the morn!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.828705,-4.167275

Beetie:
I left cov at 1 am this morning for Edinburgh and Stirling, passed one that had tipped on the m74 by cairn lodge 30 seconds after it’d happened, seen loads of trees blocking roads, m9 was shut after I’d tipped Edinburgh, had to go towards the forth and cut across to queensferry to get back on. It was supposed to be shut by Falkirk to bannockburn, but the cones had blown away afaik, and followed loads of traffic through, just a bit tight around the fallen trees!
Now parked up after getting my reload from Kilsyth in cambuslang, so hopefully they’d have died down a tad by the time I leave I the morn!

Lock your doors

Morrisons parked there inverness double decker up at Aviemore.The decker that was at Edinburgh was just dropped at the store and driver bob tailed back to Bellhill.I was heading up towards Bellhill from Strathclyde Park seen one of Martin Jollys who was heading down to Strathclde park on its side.

stagedriver:

Beetie:

Lock your doors

lol only got waste paper on, and I’m locked away inside the compound so I’ll be fine!!

Beetie:

stagedriver:

Beetie:

Lock your doors

lol only got waste paper on, and I’m locked away inside the compound so I’ll be fine!!

haha thats no gonna stop them lol

And it’s containers DOWN at the Greenock container depot!

I’m off to cambuslamh just now. Beetie is about to get a rude awakening!

stagedriver:

Might catch him on the pumps polishing his truck…

I know i did somewhere down south, dont ask me where again lol

gogzy:

stagedriver:

Might catch him on the pumps polishing his truck…

I know i did somewhere down south, dont ask me where again lol

you don’t go south, you get nose bleeds past Gretna! No need for polish, it’s ■■■■■■■ pelted it down all day, had to clean the mirrors no end of times already!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.828880,-4.167153