King of the Road

Met one yesterday, clogs on, no hi-viz, scruffy.
Started talking about how he hates UK driving, only on it this week as it is quiet and he normally does fridges to NL-Germany and Austria.
Says he has it great, plenty of 12 hour breaks and good standard of roads and freebie perks at Services. It is how trucking should be.

I remember the 90’s when I was doing Germany etc, yeah it was nice to get away but I still missed blighty and 12 hour breaks, do me a favour mate ! Remember the gendarmes and motorway spped traps and belgian road tax etc etc. Queues around major cities, and mental french drivers. Europe is beautiful in places, yet ugly in others, same as UK.

Guess i am just not a " king of the Road "

Don’t know why I am posting this, but these so called super trucker’s annoy me. I guess my 18 wheeler Actros on UK work just does not cut it and I am less worthy.

Probably just doing a day on the agency because the Accounting business is quiet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Snarley:
only on it this week as it is quiet and he normally does fridges to NL-Germany and Austria.

And did he also say that “I am only driving this old banger because my superduper megatopper is in for a service” :slight_smile:

He wasnt a proper trucker unless he had a supersize wallet, on a chain, either hanging from his back pocket, or tucked into his oversize gut. Under international rules, inter european drivers are exempt from wearing a high viz and steel toe caps.

Must have been the same William anker as i met this morning then. ive just bought this load up from Italy 1 hit blah blah blah. super top line mega gigaspace heap of crap. had a wonder round the windscreen blue disc in the window then shut him up by saying that’s funny as i paid for it to come inter-modal to crick then on to me :smiley:

why do some feel they are the best. FM we are all trying to earn a scant wage, the days off smokey and the bandit are long gone.

toowise:
Probably just doing a day on the agency because the Accounting business is quiet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

he was prob a banker - needing a change from screwing us out of our hard earned cash!!
Im not bitter… just BETTER than him…

lol, BANKER mispelt

r slicker:
then shut him up by saying that’s funny as i paid for it to come inter-modal to crick then on to me :smiley:

haha would of loved to see his face