Kindle

Anyone got one?

I was given one for my birthday as I kept pinching my partner’s. I do like it, just not sure what the point in the non-keyboard version was (which I have). Less storage, no keyboard. With the “Kindle Keyboard” which I think you can still get, its a bit easier to search.

It’s a good device to have if you’re away, however I’m not sure if others are the same but I struggle to find books I want to read on it :laughing: If I go in a bookshop or supermarket book section etc I tend to browse until I find something I like. With the Kindle you get a small pic of the cover and a brief decription with some reviews. I like to have a flick through first and obviously I can’t really now. Whilst you can get a short sample it’s not the same. It’s sort of like:

…[zb]…
…[zb]…
…nah…
…not fifty bleedin’ shades again :laughing:
…[zb]…
…go on then lol

I’m not saying don’t get one, I think you just need to have an idea of a book in mind before you start searching for stuff.

I haven’t got a Kindle itself, but I have got the freebie software on my iPhone, my Android tablet, and my work PC. As they all sync to one another, I can read the book on any of them, and not lose my place.

As for finding books to read on them, I’ve only got a few so far, and they have been books that I particularly wanted to read, based on the author usually, so haven’t gone searching blindly in the way I like to when I get into a proper bookstore, I think this is the real weakness with them (well that, and the VAT being charged on e-books :imp: :imp: )

Gary

I have a broken one, a kid stood on the screen, has anyone repaired one or being lucky to claim a new screen out of warranty?

Love mine, no carting heavy books round all the time.

Usually I search around on the amazon site on the computer at home and download a few from there to the kindle and good to go for a few weeks.

usually worth looking at the recommendations in your account, there’s always something in there that you haven’t thought of, but would like.

I have one and once you get a few books on it the recommended books links are good for selections.

albion:
Love mine, no carting heavy books round all the time.

Usually I search around on the amazon site on the computer at home and download a few from there to the kindle and good to go for a few weeks.

usually worth looking at the recommendations in your account, there’s always something in there that you haven’t thought of, but would like.

Yeah I am prone to a bollocking from SWMBO if I come back from the weekly shop with a paperback as most of the books on the bookcase are mine and it’s heaving :laughing: Good thing to take away on holidays etc

We have an empty cardboard box at work and if anyone has finished with a book and doesn’t want to keep it, it gets put in there and someone else gets the benefit. We’re only a small company and it works well.

I have just downloaded the free Amazon app on my PC, it isn’t as portable as the Kindle but you get the same choice of books and just as quick to download.

I am going to try and replace the screen on the broken Kindle, [zb] or bust so to speak

I love(d) mine. It has now gone awol. I dont know if i have just misplaced it or some bugger has nicked it :frowning: i have searched all around my house and all the way through the truck to no alas. Wasnt a happy bunny on sunday.
I’ll have to put it on my christmas list and hope ive been good :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I have just downloaded the free Amazon app on my PC, it isn’t as portable as the Kindle but you get the same choice of books and just as quick to download.

I am going to try and replace the screen on the broken Kindle, [zb] or bust so to speak

Give them a call, my wife knelt on hers they offered a refurbed one with her old one back in exchange. Cost about £40 I think.