Kimberley clark b-on- humber

Just heard from my neighbour he went into work this morning and was told they are closing the plant down over 300 people work there plus all the work that provides the service not sure who does the tranport out ov there not good news for my neighbour poor ■■■■ travels from west yorkshire to there.
BIG AW

Their plant in Calatayud in Spain has also been put up for sale

There’s bound to be a lot more people being laid off everywhere over the next few months, it almost seems like a traditional Christmas present in a recession…

can only get worse as EU sits around with its finger up its bum and not doing anything whether right or wrong.

Spain has been importing very little this year and usually now you would expect there to be a rise in traffic with the first Xmas items arriving to be prepared for distribution, but up till no such increase in freight has been seen, so how the Spanish think they are going to get all the wine and oranges exported for Xmas if no trucks are arriving from other countries I do not know.

They have decided to stop selling nappies in europe so Barton as to go bit ironic that them people have been dropped in the ■■■■ and they are surrounded by nappies :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Think elldiss do a lot of work in and out of there

Yes bud you might be right there no dowt one ov the north est lads will know for defo

I have loaded out of there many times…and stopped overnight outside, the gatehouse man was a star he went out of his way to make sure i had a brew and even phoned the local takeout for me, decent lads allways got me away in good time…its a pity for those chaps not long befor xmas too , i hope lady luck shines on them. :frowning:

Elddis have got the contract there.3 units based there so 6 drivers plus a couple of agency guys to cover the weekends. A lot of their trampers go in too. Looks like bad news for the regular guys 'cos they are locals. Glad I got out last year!

Kimberly-Clark has confirmed it is planning to close its giant
manufacturing plant in Barton-upon-Humber, putting 378 jobs at risk.

The international giant, which makes Huggies nappies, said it was
making changes in Europe and proposed closing the Barton mill by
the end of 2013.

The plant, opened 20 years ago, is a major driver of the Humber
economy and employs workers from around the region, including
Hull and the East Riding.

Kimberly-Clark said the decision had been taken because it had been
unable to build a profitable nappies business in Europe. The company
planned to stop manufacturing and selling nappies in Europe, with
the exception of Italy.

I work for Elddis out of Barton. We have 5 units in there not 3. 5 full time night men and 2 on days the other 3 are agency. The actual factory shuts in March so hopefully got time to find something else

gallows_man:
I work for Elddis out of Barton. We have 5 units in there not 3. 5 full time night men and 2 on days the other 3 are agency. The actual factory shuts in March so hopefully got time to find something else

Sorry for that. They have obviously expanded since I left last year.
Hope you find something else.

I hopefully will mate. So you must be Glenn or Steve. Went to bibbys didn’t you?

so is Kimberly Clark stopping selling nappies in Europe or just stopping making them in Europe :question:

you see that’s one off the thingsvyou would be guaranteed to sell and make a profit on.

jessicas dad:
so is Kimberly Clark stopping selling nappies in Europe or just stopping making them in Europe :question:

you see that’s one off the thingsvyou would be guaranteed to sell and make a profit on.

“Kimberly-Clark said the decision had been taken because it had been
unable to build a profitable nappies business in Europe.”

Obviously not

Foxstein:

jessicas dad:

“Kimberly-Clark said the decision had been taken because it had been
unable to build a profitable nappies business in Europe.”

Obviously not

Imagine how much sooner the plant would have closed if they didn’t have that £12,000,000 cash injection from the local council :unamused: