"kids" messing with fridges

driver at an rdc the other day told me that he had had his fridge turned off by some kids, spoiling the load. he said it happened at a msa whle parked up for the nite.
anyone else heard of this happening■■?

kids? or drivers more like!.. oh wait

I was once sent to Waitrose rdc to collect 12 pallets of fish to be dumped. The driver who collected it brought it in at +12, he forgot to re-set the fridge after his store delivery( should have been +3). Such a waste of food! Got talking to the warehouse lads, the driver rec’d a bollocking and that was all! There must have been £20k’s worth of fish that had to be thrown all due to the driver!

I hate fridges with a passion. You park in a quiet spot, go to sleep, and a sneaky [zb] pulls up next to you during the night. You can’t move cos’ you have pulled your card. Even worse when you’re on a 24 break. :imp:

bigvern1:
I hate fridges with a passion. You park in a quiet spot, go to sleep, and a sneaky [zb] pulls up next to you during the night. You can’t move cos’ you have pulled your card. Even worse when you’re on a 24 break. :imp:

But do you ever buy refrigerated or frozen food? :wink:

mrx:

Yes indeed, I have often heard of driver’s spouting crap while at RDC’s. It’s a regular occurrence, just ignore it.

That ‘story’ about the kids has been doing the rounds for years.

I have two opinions on that Fileep. First the driver should have been sacked for sheer incompetence in not resetting the fridge - £20k of goods is a lot of stuff to lose.

The other side is that no European beurocrat(s) has been sacked for the ludicrous situation whereby good fish has to be thrown back into the sea because it’s the wrong kind of fish for the trawlers quota.

Stan

bigvern1:

Fridge drivers are not exempt from the rules of the road & have to have breaks too :exclamation: If their time is up they have to park where they can… :smiley:

Stanley Knife:
I have two opinions on that Fileep. First the driver should have been sacked for sheer incompetence in not resetting the fridge - £20k of goods is a lot of stuff to lose.

The other side is that no European beurocrat(s) has been sacked for the ludicrous situation whereby good fish has to be thrown back into the sea because it’s the wrong kind of fish for the trawlers quota.

Stan

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Harry Monk:

bigvern1:

But do you ever buy refrigerated or frozen food? :wink:

I know that…They should have their own parking areas though. :sunglasses:

mrx:
driver at an rdc the other day told me that he had had his fridge turned off by some kids, spoiling the load. he said it happened at a msa whle parked up for the nite.

If there is a grain of truth in that tale, much more likely that it was another driver who couldn’t sleep.
Overnight in this country the temperature will not change enough to spoil anything, even frozen.
The next grain of truth may be that he didn’t check the next morning, ran all day with it off and then had the load rejected.

Or its just bollox and he was talking when he should have been quiet.

Regards,
Nick

Deja Moo:

The feeling that you’ve heard this ■■■■■■■■ before…

jimboy124:
Deja Moo:

The feeling that you’ve heard this [zb] before…

The start of this post, driver at RDC told me , says it all , I have pulled fridges for last ten years , four

nights out , never once had fridge tampered with or anything else.

Best thing to do is pretend you are asleep if you go to RDC and let mr BS bore some other ■■■■■

Other drivers not “kids” I don’t have nights out with a fridge (trollyist) but the behavior of fellow supermarket drivers really annoys me the amount of times I see a driver taking his or her 45 parked between drivers who are clearly on a night out with the fridge left running is unbelievable.

Stop short of the parking area switch the thing off how hard can it be. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

mike68:
Other drivers not “kids” I don’t have nights out with a fridge (trollyist) but the behavior of fellow supermarket drivers really annoys me the amount of times I see a driver taking his or her 45 parked between drivers who are clearly on a night out with the fridge left running is unbelievable.

Stop short of the parking area switch the thing off how hard can it be. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

The problem with that is that if the delivery point insist on having a read-out before they tip and they see that the fridge has been turned off, they may well reject the load.

Good point, if that’s the case I would attempt to put myself out of the way.

I know that…They should have their own parking areas though.

Really?.. So you are saying that a portion of every truckstop should be reserved for reefers only?
The first time that you could not find a space to park because you were not pulling a reefer and only reefer spaces were available you would be even more unhappy than you are now.

Harry Monk:
The problem with that is that if the delivery point insist on having a read-out before they tip and they see that the fridge has been turned off, they may well reject the load.

Fair enough,Harry, but you can always print them a delivery ticket, not the journey log.
I don’t carry temperature critical cargo like pharmaceuticals and so far, I have never been asked for a printout.

The answer would be to switch the fridge to cycles, mostly they will then stop, at least for the duration of a break.

Regards,
Nick

Bit odd that the panels are not behind a lockable door :confused:

ncooper:
The answer would be to switch the fridge to cycles, mostly they will then stop, at least for the duration of a break.

I know what you are saying about the break but if I have one parked beside or near me on a night out I prefer it to be on constant. The fridge running constantly doesn’t bother me at all but the stop starting and the warning noise before it starts does cause me to wake up.