Kicking Tyres to check they are Inflated

33 YEARS of tyre kicking hasn’t done my boots any good, but it has saved me the trouble of sitting on the hard shoulder on numerous occasions, it’s a lot easier to get it sorted in the yard than wait for a lane closure and a tyre fitter… it may not be accurate but i can tell if a tyre is under inflated or indeed flat…

Years ago on the Costas I stopped at a cafe ’ midday ,got out the cab & this little guy approached me with the biggest mallet I have ever seen .I thought he was a mugger but it was part of the service, every truck that stopped there got the tyre check. Imagine the relief when he hit the tyres instead of me. :laughing:

I used to use a rounders bat, baseball bats are for Yankee’s with big hoods’ :laughing: The bat would bounce of the tyre in a certain way if inflated, it wouldn’t bounce if the tyre was underinflated, simples :astonished:
:wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Am I the only one here who owns a tyre pressure gauge checker? Checks ups to 130psi and has caught an old supervisor out who used to know EVERYTHING…till I asked him if he felt his tyres were ok at 80 psi instead of 120 :smiley: the ■■■■■