Kick down on a daf xf 05 plate

When at the top end it keeps flicking between 10,11 and 12th gear…the kick down itself don’t work,is there a switch at the base of the accelerator or something that could be an simple fix ? Cheers

i think its the same ASTronic setup as the MAN , that being the case the MAN has a kickdown button right at the end of the accelerator, put your foot flat to the floor and it will kickdown , i,m assuming the DAF will be the same, should be a way to disconnect it as when i bought the truck DHL had previously disconnected all manual controls and i got MAN to renable it

I have seen this a few times on CFs. It feels like the kickdown switch beneath the accelerator is not there, but it actually IS there - except something’s wrong with it and the ‘click’ that you normally get isn’t present.

Hence when you press the accelerator to the floor you’re actually pressing it into kickdown - just without the ‘click’, and it will continually drop a gear when you don’t want it to. Right?

If so get it in to DAF and tell them the kickdown switch wants replacing.

As olag said ie you have kick down and the click isn’t working as such and when you floor it you are hitting kickdown…To cut the story short ,the click is a magnet at the base of the pedal,it has fell off…unscrew the pedal and put it back in place, simples …15 min job

Thanks for the advice… I will have a look at that

Cheers