KFC Halal HFA Certificates

Hi Oatcake,
I completely agree with you about the kindness and generosity of people from asian countries.
In my previous home we had six pakistanis living next door to us, not a family but 6 guys who worked in local convenience stores, they rented it to save money.
They where the model neighbours, polite, courteous and friendly.
i loved it any time they had a celebration, such as haide or a family wedding or even a death in the family, the food would come out in plentiful supply and we were always made welcome and we reciprocated when ever we were having a celebration.

I cringe whenever i hear racist remarks, and living in Scotland you hear a lot, I too am ashamed when ever i hear racism of any form.
Whenever I meet a muslim or see one of my many muslim friends i always greet them with Assalamu Alaikum, they have always treat me with respect and I treat them like wise.

Enjoy Malaysia, it must be a beautiful country, the people sound beautiful.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
You’ve got to remember, that most British lorrydrivers are tabloid readers and are brainwashed into the capitalist ways.
They will argue black is white because they believe all Muslims are potential suicide bombers, because the Sun the star or the sport say they are.

Most conversations I hear in truckstops or RDC’s are muslim this and [zb] that, usually just after they have finished reading one of the above comics.

Why can’t westerners just accept that Muslims are here to stay, they have been here for a long time, it’s only recently since 9/11 and Bin Laden that they are at the forefront of media attention.

O.D.D
Salam Malikum

Nanga def
I realise Islam is here to stay, it is the second largest religion after Christianity and follows many of the same ideals, ie, there is only one God (Allah) The major difference is that the Christian believes Jesus Christ was the son of God (Allah). The Muslim believes that the Prophet Muhammed is only a messenger and was a man of the people. You only have to try to understand that “our” representative is supposed to have been born in a stable to a virgin. (That was the only miracle as far as I am concerned, the rest are explained away quite easily)

I live in a very cosmopolitan area, close to Derby and on the doorstep of Nottingham and Leicester. We all live alongside each other happily. I was in Africa when I watched the terror of September 11th 2001 unfold. I was actually fitting some number plates to my car when the housemaid brought me out a cup of tea. She walked back into the house and I heard her scream. I ran in, just in time to watch the first plane hit the tower. Shortly after the second plane crashed. We watched this over and over for the next few days as local families without a TV came in to watch ours. For this reason I do not believe any conspiracy theory as Muslim and Christians alike were shocked at what they were seeing. Allah and God became the same person on that day to most of Africa.
I had never seen so many strangers in our house, well not until the 2002 FIFA world Cup when the house was permanently full of black faces making attaya and rolling joints. :stuck_out_tongue:

As a keen reader, I do read news papers online, so the information gleaned from my favourites obviously makes my decisions in life. I regularly read the Mirror, Sun, Telegraph and Aljazeera as well as the BBC World Africa service. I am following very closely the political murder of a close friend at the moment.

I started this thread because I don’t like being told what I can and cannot order in my chosen restaurant. If I went into my favourite Italian restaurant. I would neither be pleased to be told I cannot have Pasta alla carbonara because the kitchen has gone halal, but if I go into a vegetarian restaurant I wouldn’t expect to buy Jugged Hare.

During my time in Africa I kept Rabbits and Chickens, they were an ample source of fresh food for our table and they were dispatched in a normal manner, by pulling their necks or using a gate post. No halal methods here but when I showed the maid how to make batter, she deep fried everything :slight_smile:

Jerre Jef