keyline.

Anyone worked for these guys? Any good? Decent pay? I had an invitation today after an agency shift with them, but won’t find out more til a proper interview…

They’re a chain of builders merchants ain’t they■■? :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: (Sorry, couldn’t resist)
I thought you did a fair bit of work with them, through that agency you work for.

They are under the Travis Perkins (TP) group of companies…

TP pay aint that good i hear so maybe Keyline on same scale…you can expect to be sent to a poxy address down a country lane somewhere, then again, TP and KL drivers wont go there, in a 8 wheeler, they expect an artic from their suppliers to do it instead…

TP and KL HGV drivers… my sphincter !!!

I used to work for Keyline Builder’s Merchant’s many years ago, but not as a driver, just an office bod.

Can’t comment on the driving side.

Simon:
I thought you did a fair bit of work with them, through that agency you work for.

I worked for the Edinburgh branch but their motor was crap. It broke down, like, 3 shifts out of 4. Seriously. Not that I mind being paid for sitting on my arse waiting for the mechanic!

Today was a different branch. They seemed good, a bit more on the ball, the motor was decent too.

I’m kinda just trying to figure out the pay. I have a figure that I simply can’t work for less, and I’m not sure they’ll match it. Still, keeping my options open. Haven’t exactly been looking for anything permanent for very long. Only 2 weeks, in fact.

Fed up with the agency lark. Got a mortgage to pay!

If its like tp it,ll be 14k a year 7:30 til 4:30 / 5 and an hour for lunch, if you can handle the pay the jobs quite easy.

If it’s part of the same group as Travis Perkins, then I have known a couple of guy’s who worked for them.
The pay is zb, plus you have to sign a no overtime agreement & there’s also no extra for Saturday shifts.
They have a only one staff member on holiday at anyone time policy, which sounds fair enough until the two managers, neither of whom have children book 4 weeks of the 6 weeks school summer holiday leaving those with family’s battling over the 2 remaining weeks.
The job is also not the best as you are expected to do as you are told even when the site is virtually inaccessible, or the site guy’s want the stuff some where that it’s unsafe for you to place it (i.e on the scaffolding with a HIAB.) Those doing the telling take no responsibility for what they are expecting, but you will still be the one in the wrong even when you are in the right.
I was offed some work there a few years back when I recovered a mangers broken down car, he said he could not understand why drivers did not want to work for a big company with big company benefits, but he did admit that as I was on £7 per hour at the time & that £5 per hour plus my loosing a few extras, like lots of hours, meals etc did not make TP look such a good company to work for.

I went for an interview a long time ago and told them to [zb] right off :imp: job description went like this

You will be delivering lintels to building sites all over the north west 20 drops per day, if you dont get all your drops done that day the remainder will go on the next days lot and so on and so on till friday then whatever is not completed by friday you will come in saturday morning and finish off BUT you dont get paid for it…

And the wage £4 per hour :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now granted this was about 8 years ago so hopefully its change now

Wow, sounds like you’ve all had rubbish experiences of them. Ah well, see what the guy says when he tries to convince me to take the job :stuck_out_tongue:

SimonRS2K:
And the wage £4 per hour :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now granted this was about 8 years ago so hopefully its change now

Yes it’s probably gone up to the Minimum Wage now!

Ive been with Keyline for over a year now, we have 3 drivers at the yard, the pay isnt the greatest, havent had many problems with site delivery. The Transport manager at the depot does a bit of driving himself if we are a driver short, so he knows the job and tajes our word for it if we say we cant get in then we cant get in. The hours are not bad 7.30am - 5.00pm monday to friday and 8.00am - 12.00pm every 3rd saturday. Our depot covers the Scottish isalnds so our start times can be 3.30am or 6.00 am depending on which island and finish times can be anything up to 8.00pm. Overtime is paid at normal rate monday - friday and time and a half for satuday. Im going to see the depot manager on Monday about the wages, I had 49 hours overtime last month yet the wages were only up by about £50 :imp: Still i like the job, there is never any bother if anything is damaged or you hit something, its just seen as part of the job.

Alba - is true they have a pension scheme and sharesave too? Are they any good?

Dapper Scavenger:
Alba - is true they have a pension scheme and sharesave too? Are they any good?

Yes they have a pension scheme and sharesave. Both are good, the share price is quite good at the moment, especially with all the building work that is going on at the moment. A couple of the guys have just cashed in their shares and made a tidy profit. :smiley:

Being part ot the TP group helps I suppose, think the have taken over Wickes as well

I would just look elsewhere. Something better is always just around the corner :wink: :wink:

SMUDGER:
I would just look elsewhere. Something better is always just around the corner :wink: :wink:

That depends what you are looking for / want from a job.
This sort of work suit some people.