Keyfuels Error

I’ve been asked to ask if any drivers/operators have had any problems with Keyfuels transactions, in particular adding someone elses transaction to your card.

I can’t elaborate too much as the driver in question was subject to an investigation and may use this thread.

(Note for mods, please pm me if there is a problem with the subject matter)

we got keyfuels and i use several hire motors per month and the teller just asks for the registration number of the unit and the transaction goes through, i’d assume this is cause instead of having a vehicle registration on the card it just has the depot name, sorta like a wildcard.

All our cards are in the drivers name, as we use both cherry for trailers, and white for vehicles, to date I don’t know of any problems for any of our drivers.
There was a case some time ago where a garage employee, had cloned cards, both cash and fuel, and used them to to make a fast buck.

The error happened at Morrisons bunker at J41, driver brimmed his tank about 100 litres then a couple of minutes later 120 litres of red was added to his vehicles card. To be fair Keyfuels spent a lot of time investigating and from what I gather they say the transaction was valid.

Driver has been cleared of any wrongdoing (Miracles do happen in Wakefield) and to be fair I can’t see him wanting a few litres of red. The only thing I can think of is when He’s re-inserted his card for a receipt he’s pressed “Another Transaction” instead of “Print Receipt” and left the pump open for someone to fill thier fridge up. The terminals there can be so slow at going thruogh menus and printing that I can see this being possible.

A bit off topic so sorry, but a few years ago I was working for a company we had shell cards, BP cards and also a credit card and used whichever was the cheapest anyway for a couple of weeks on the trot we were told to use the credit card I went to fill up and the card got refused it was at a bp garage so I used the BP card phoned up the gaffer and told him what had happened so he said he would look into it. Got back into the yard and was called into the office went in and was told the card had been maxed out and they wanted to know how. I replied by filling up your van with fuel how else. They suspended me saying they need to investigate it as my fuel receipt and bill doesnt tally up. I was well annoyed as I knew I hadnt done anything and I enjoyed the job and got paid well being as I was on 24 hour call out. Anyway after sitting at home for nearly a week getting more and more annoyed I got a phone call from them saying the matter had been resolved and it turned out that the card had been cloned at a petrol station and was been used. Fair play to the company though they worked out my average weekly wage and paid me that instead of the basic pay I was told I would be getting while suspended. Wish I was still there but unfortunatly they lost a couple of contracts and I ended up doing a night run the same run every night and hated it so left.

My keyfuels card cut out at 264 litres the other day for some reason when filling up, thankfully it gave me enough fuel to get home.

Bet my company wishes it was me who got the cherry a j41 as we use it a lot filling trailers before we drop them at our sub base in Barnsley.
You must obviously have gas oil as an option on your card or it wouldn’t have autherised the pump.
Glad the driver has been cleared of any wrongdoing, and credit to the co for checking it out before taking sanctions.
I suppose with the number of daily transactions done on these cards there has to be the odd genuine ■■■■ up.
You can also help yourselves in these matters by always entering mileage, at each fill as this will leave a trail of usage, and if not given highlight the transaction, I always enter running hrs as miles when filling the generater.