key fuels

well I’m starting to wonder if we are all being done for

I fill up out of our yard nearly all of the time as the boss says he pay 5p liter less then at key fuel sites
But when I fill up at the key fuel sites at the old truck stop south Nottingham and Lincon farm truck stop
The quanity of liters seamed to be slightly more then out of our yard
has anyone noticed this?

All filling stations are regularly checked by Trading Standards to make sure they are dispensing an accurate amount, probably the yard gauge is less accurate.

Harry Monk:
All filling stations are regularly checked by Trading Standards to make sure they are dispensing an accurate amount, probably the yard gauge is less accurate.

I dont know what you mean by the yard guy and if he can tamper with stuff
But once I had a 1 liter petrol mixing bottle and filled it up at a B.P station
it did not come up to the 1 liter mark when I put 1 liter of petrol in it
I showed the till girl this and she called the manager
The manager said ‘our site is regually regulated by T.S.’

Yard gauge.

Guaranteed to be yard pump at fault

Careful guys this is boss and driver on here ,wait for his mr sensible act to end (hopefully)

It is impossible to compare pumps by topping up, how can you know the level in the tank. Vehicle fuel gauges give an indication only.

When trading standards or HMRC do a test they use exceedingly accurate calibrated measures.

Boss & Driver:

I would imagine that because of the way it is measured, one litre pumped from a fuel station pump may be marginally less than a litre while the next litre may be slightly over a litre and this is why all fuel pumps have “minimum delivery two litres” printed on them, to even out any imbalance. Trading Standards use stainless steel containers of around ten litres when they test fuel quantities.

Harry Monk:
Yard gauge.

Are yes gauge not guard
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
:blush: :blush: :blush:

dexterboy:
Careful guys this is boss and driver on here ,wait for his mr sensible act to end (hopefully)

Yes I knew all the hum dingers from bluechip and old W boys from general haulage would be out
Always sniggering and sneering and pretending to be hard men with there idiot mates at the bar of the truck stop
This is why I posted it in the OD forum where I was hoping for a more mature audience that took the running of the job seriously
Not “owe I dont give a fuf I’m not paying for it” pulling faces just tell the boss to go and ■■ his thingy mar mar marrrrrr (giving a little pulling action on his right arm)

matamoros:
When trading standards or HMRC do a test they use exceedingly accurate calibrated measures.

And how often do they inspect every site?

Harry Monk:
I would imagine that because of the way it is measured, one litre pumped from a fuel station pump may be marginally less than a litre while the next litre may be slightly over a litre and this is why all fuel pumps have “minimum delivery two litres” printed on them, to even out any imbalance. Trading Standards use stainless steel containers of around ten litres when they test fuel quantities.

No! on the bottle was a 1 liter mark for pertol
I think I put 1 liter in and it did not come to the top
Think I ended up putting 1.08 liters in or 1.12 or something to get it to the level
And was still charged the unit stated above
Given they only make a few pence a liter then that 10% is a big loss and unsubstainable
but an extra 10% profit is like a gold mine

think I will have to set up a new account soon
And use this one for trolling LOL

Boss & Driver:
think I will have to set up a new account soon
And use this one for trolling LOL

Please don’t B+D i love your postings

Keep going b&d but your standard is slipping ,back to the standard of Muir truckstop standard

Boss & Driver:

Harry Monk:

I dont know what you mean by the yard guy and if he can tamper with stuff
I showed the till girl this and she called the manager
The manager said ‘our site is regually regulated by T.S.’

There is a very good reason why the minimum delivery from a forecourt petrol pump is 2 litres - They cannot measure smaller quantities with the required accuracy due to the quantity of fuel that may or may not be contained in delivery pipes and nozzles.

Oh - and have a look here: theaa.com/newsroom/news-2012 … uracy.html

OK, the article is two years old now, but if you read it you will see that the vast majority of pumps when checked are actually found to be dispensing more than the reading on the dial.

Roymondo:
There is a very good reason why the minimum delivery from a forecourt petrol pump is 2 litres - They cannot measure smaller quantities with the required accuracy due to the quantity of fuel that may or may not be contained in delivery pipes and nozzles.

Ar yes it all makes sence now
With those big long hoses I guess you could fit a liter of liquid inside the pipe

Still not convinced we where getting the full amount when putting in 200-300 liters though

Boss & Driver:
Still not convinced we where getting the full amount when putting in 200-300 liters though

Did you not see the other link I posted one message earlier - the AA found that the vast majority of pumps were dispensing slightly more than the reading on the dial. Which makes sense really - a retailer could easily face a prosecution and big fine if they were found to be under-delivering fuel, but there’s no penalty for over-delivering. cf the “baker’s dozen”.

I think you are being a bit optimistic with the ‘cf:slight_smile:

matamoros:
I think you are being a bit optimistic with the ‘cf:slight_smile:

You have to at least try…