Kettles

Hi everyone, i just joined this forum and i hope to spend many a hour reading all the threads,
I’m a day driver and fed up of spending £££’s on tiny take away cups, and to be honest teas go from witch pee to paint stripper, now’t like your own brew.

So first question on this forum from me which is the best 12v kettle to buy?

Regards

Martin

If you’re a day driver mate,buy a big flask.

I tried it but i can’t stand it, even just boiling water in the flask doesnt stay hot that long.

All 12v kettles are rubbish, buy a gas stove.

I’ve gone through several flasks in last 2 years or so; even the stainless steel ones go ■■■■ up and either leak, or more commonly don’t keep stuff warm. If you get a flask don’t get ASDA benefit brand or similar, had 2 they’re crap and leak in no time. Bought a Millets 2 ltr for about £20 kept stuff steaming hot for hours for about 2 months now I burn my hands by holding it for longer than a few seconds. Currently wrapping it in an old coat in the cab to insulate it…If you want a kettle get a 24 volt one I’ve heard the 12vs take ages to boil…

Harry Monk:

Couldn’t agree more and you can pick up a tidy enough one in the likes of asda, tescos these days for no more than a tenner

cgi.ebay.co.uk/PORTABLE-OUTDOOR- … 2208wt_905

hard to beat that

boot the headlight:

Harry Monk:

Couldn’t agree more and you can pick up a tidy enough one in the likes of asda, tescos these days for no more than a tenner

You’re both on the money, all you need is a little burner and a tin kettle from Millets, they even whistle when they boil, proper old skool :laughing:

I have a gas stove from Argos, loads of cans of butane from a discount shop. X4 for £3.99
Gonna need it too…Here comes Poland!

bigvern1:
I have a gas stove from Argos, loads of cans of butane from a discount shop. X4 for £3.99
Gonna need it too…Here comes Poland!

what discount store? do tell your fellow truck drivers :wink:

newmercman:

boot the headlight:

Harry Monk:

You’re both on the money, all you need is a little burner and a tin kettle from Millets, they even whistle when they boil, proper old skool :laughing:

Exactly what I have, I put about a cup and a half of water in (the extra to wash up with) and it takes only about a minute to boil :smiley:

I have a little stove and a whistling kettle i also have a small saucepan for soup just right for this time of year loverly :smiley: