Kettles

I’m looking to buy this kettle, just wondering has anybody got one or has used one? whether I should buy it or steer clear?
Your thoughts please??
Thanks.
maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod … !_12527774

i use a gas stove and kettle to boil water in my truck, its far quicker at boiling water and you cant make toast with cig lighter powerd kettle.
if your firm wont allow gas then try get a little red kettle, i had one for 3 years before it went pop and i think i bought at lymm

personally, i think you would be better off with a camping gas burner and kettle, they are better than the plug in kettles and they also don’t burn out after a few uses

Yeah the company won’t let gas at all!! I did have a similar one to the red one, but what drew me to this one was that I could secure the base and just remove the kettle to fill or empty thus meaning I can leave all the plugs plugged in out of view.

Nah. 24v kettles are best 'cos they don’t fall off when you go down the road. It’s OK for you auto drivers, but us in a twin splitter can’t hang on to it while it’s boiling…
And anyway, how can I hold my phone if I’ve got to hang on to the gas stove and kettle?

Plus the stove/kettle combination takes up to much of the dance floor.

Safe Driving lads…

once you have boiled your water use a flask the one i saw advertised can keep things hot or cold for 12 hrs ideal icecream and a cup of tea in the same flask :smiley: :smiley:

the leccy ones tend to burn out after a while.

what your company doesn’t know wont kill them. get a compact caming cooker and thin kettle and boil away. ■■■■ them

I’ve got a Waeco 24v kettle from RoadKing, they sell them on ebay. It cost £41 posted but it’s worth the cash, I had one for nearly three years in daily use before it packed up. It too screws to the dash and will boil 0.75l water in about 10 minutes. When the old one bust I dug out the gas stove but after about 2 months I’d used about £5 worth of gas. I looked around but decided to spend the money on the expensive one.

8wheels:
I’ve got a Waeco 24v kettle from RoadKing, they sell them on ebay. It cost £41 posted but it’s worth the cash, I had one for nearly three years in daily use before it packed up. It too screws to the dash and will boil 0.75l water in about 10 minutes. When the old one bust I dug out the gas stove but after about 2 months I’d used about £5 worth of gas. I looked around but decided to spend the money on the expensive one.

10 minutes i,m not waiting that long for a cuppa when i wake up.!1 £5 worth of gas i,m trampimg and it cost me about a fiver every 3 months try buying your gas at the range!!!

Depends how much tea you drink :wink:

Mine is screwed in place and filled ready. JUst before I arrive the switch goes on, I’ve got it down to a fine art so it clicks off just as the handbrake goes on.