kettle

hi
im after some advice about kettles, time has come for a new one and was hopping you could tell me the best ones to get
also 12 or 24v, my old one was 24v but melted the plug once

Dont bother they dont last get a gas burner and a normal kettle will last you years

Portable Gas Stove is my choice with the kettle on top :wink: :smiley:

Agreed and if you wake up in the morning with a flat battery you can still make a brew.

There must be at least 1 decent 12/24 volt kettle out there, some drivers wont have or cant have gas in there truck, they cant all be crap surely!
Me personaly, wont have gas in the truck.

Get a waeco 24v - had no problems with mine (about £40)

weeto:
There must be at least 1 decent 12/24 volt kettle out there, some drivers wont have or cant have gas in there truck, they cant all be crap surely!

I’ve had at least 3…they all burn out eventually, usually within 6 months. get a decent flat gas stove & a kettle!

I bought an ‘All ride’ soft touch 24v kettle from ebay about a year ago, It cost me £12 plus postage & its been great so far, 3 cuppa’s a day & not a problem.

Same as this…if this link works!
ebay.co.uk/itm/ALL-RIDE-12V- … 4006wt_938

Just noticed I’v linked the 12v version but 24v item identical.

My new truck has a 1kv inverter so I use a 240v leisure kettle. I was using gas in the Scania before that, works out pricey with gas.

Years ago I had one off Davey Driver. 24 v. They all burn out the plug with the amount of current running through them but I sorted it by fitting a 3 pin domestic socket to the wagon and a plug on the kettle. Lasted years. Probably not a good idea these days with the number of inverters in cabs but you could use the old stile round pin domestic plugs to distinguish it from 240v.

Born Idle:

weeto:

I’ve had at least 3…they all burn out eventually, usually within 6 months. get a decent flat gas stove & a kettle!

Need an electric one, dont like to have gas in the cab!

marlow:
My new truck has a 1kv inverter so I use a 240v leisure kettle. I was using gas in the Scania before that, works out pricey with gas.

Years ago I had one off Davey Driver. 24 v. They all burn out the plug with the amount of current running through them but I sorted it by fitting a 3 pin domestic socket to the wagon and a plug on the kettle. Lasted years. Probably not a good idea these days with the number of inverters in cabs but you could use the old stile round pin domestic plugs to distinguish it from 240v.

May try that, had my 24v cooker running through a mains plug and socket.

Had loads and in the end they all melt the plugs. Given up and bought a good thermos flask!

busteredwards:
I bought an ‘All ride’ soft touch 24v kettle from ebay about a year ago, It cost me £12 plus postage & its been great so far, 3 cuppa’s a day & not a problem.

Same as this…if this link works!
ebay.co.uk/itm/ALL-RIDE-12V- … 4006wt_938

Just noticed I’v linked the 12v version but 24v item identical.

That’s the one I’ve got in 24v, still going strong never melted anything. I have a gas stove for cooking but can’t be faffed with getting it out for a brew.

I used to have a 24 v kettle and it too burned the socket out, then the workshop re-wired the socket with a higher amperage cable, that solved the problem. 12v takes hours to boil . You are lucky in Europe to have 24 v systems, we have 12v only here, don’t have a kettle but I don have a coffee maker and it takes 15 to 20 minutes to brew, it’s so slow that I havn’t used it in months.

Regardless of melting plugs James, don’t buy cheap, I got one for £18 99 off eBay and it takes about 15 mins to boil a mug full.
Jim

used to have an electric kettle. (its still in the shed) as has been posted takes ages to boil and makes the wire so hot its scary.
gas stove and a proper camping kettle is the way to go. plus it really warms the cab up at 430 am :sunglasses: :laughing:

Thanks for all your help

I’ve got a decent one now from a truck stop, (most are rubbish) stainless steel and no exposed element inside so easy to de scale. Is 24v and has Moonraker name on it.

I’ve had my Aluminium Kettle for 30+ years along with a couple of trusty Gaz Stoves.

Think I’ve had my money’s worth.