Kenyon Haulage Blackburn

Hi there
I wanted to know if anybody on here ever worked for these guys. How r their vehicles, pay rates and hours.

Looking at their website it looks like a fleet of Mercs

Wages? Ring them up and ask them.

HeavyOwl:
Hi there
I wanted to know if anybody on here ever worked for these guys. How r their vehicles, pay rates and hours.

A pittance. Hours are long.

look out for the 6 fingered people :wink: :laughing: and i also understand they like doing strange things to horses :smiling_imp: :laughing: (blackburn)

Did they not go bump a couple of years or three ago? Used to deliver paper reels there years ago and always seemed spot on towards you.

fredthered:
Did they not go bump a couple of years or three ago? Used to deliver paper reels there years ago and always seemed spot on towards you.

I thought they went about six years ago, a white, yellow and red livery it was? Met a few of their drivers in a past job and they all seemed decent lads who weren’t in a rush and were very thankful if you could give them directions.

Olog Hai:

fredthered:

I thought they went about six years ago, a white, yellow and red livery it was? Met a few of their drivers in a past job and they all seemed decent lads who weren’t in a rush and were very thankful if you could give them directions.

Are you getting mixed up with ELW at eccleshill?

Olog Hai:

fredthered:

Kenyons have never been bust, you may be getting mind up with either ELW who were in the same district or Ken Abrams who was a very similar livery.

Mainly Mercs with a few Dafs and MANs mostly curtainsiders but with a few liquid tanks, they do some international with the tanks. Fleet well maintained but on average a bit older than many, although they do buy new they just keep it.

I don’t know for sure about money, so I’ll let somebody else give you the bad news.

acd1202:

Olog Hai:

fredthered:

Kenyons have never been bust, you may be getting mind up with either ELW who were in the same district or Ken Abrams who was a very similar livery.

Mainly Mercs with a few Dafs and MANs mostly curtainsiders but with a few liquid tanks, they do some international with the tanks. Fleet well maintained but on average a bit older than many, although they do buy new they just keep it.

I don’t know for sure about money, so I’ll let somebody else give you the bad news.

You’re probably right - ELW rings a bell now it’s been said. I stand corrected! :wink: