kent transport

Some nice official photos TDL102. I had seen L943DKO with Haselden Nuttall Distribution and assumed it was new to them, and later with Swain along with others in that reg. block. Clearly HND bought second hand back then.

Would that Merc belong to Freddy Brooker from Faversham? Robert

img041.jpg

An interesting pic that one Robert - I know that Fred did a bit of middle east, but I thought it was earlier than this pic, the 2 series Scania and the number plates date this pic to 1981 / 2 onward. My old mate John Walraven did Fred’s first trip to the ME - Fred went along as a passenger as he didn’t have an HGV licence. You might have met John, he was one of the Euroshield drivers, and was brother in law to Mick Meenan, Euroshield transport manager.

I remember John Walraven when he worked for Barrio’s & Turbostar. Nice bloke, apparently he passed away recently.

Your’e right Mark, John was a real nice guy - he’d been there & done it, but petty much kept himself to himself. Apparently he passed away as a result of CJD.

I remember Freddy in the early '90s. I think he was semi-retired then and worked in the office at Harrier Express. I used to listen to all his Middle-East tales with wonder! robert

Cages of Whitstable (used to have a yard at the bottom of Borstal Hill). Robert

758.jpg

567858.jpg
9_58.jpg

Sorry to reproduce this pic yet again from other threads, but it’s bugging me! Some of you old Faversham drivers may remember seeing this 1975 left-■■■■■■ ERF NGC European of GL Baker, or may even have driven it. The fleet number of this one is 792 and its reg-number is MMG 772P. I suspect that some, if not all of GL Baker / BOC Transhield / Euroshield / Transvite etc left-hookers were probably based at the depot in Oare, Faversham (now GIST) because of its proximity to the channel ports. I know Transhield ran LHD Bedford TMs out of there, and IIRC some of their Fodens were LHD at that time. Any info, memories or pics would be welcome! Cheers, Robert

newerfglbaker%20ifor.jpg

Found this old one, remember seeing them when I went with Dad going in & out of Dover. Sorry can,t get the photo to rotate 5 more page,s but not going to put them on like the first

One good turn deserves an other :slight_smile: .
Oily

Dockspeed 1 2  .. (1).jpg

Robert, apparently GL Baker had two NGCs, one in their colours and the other in Van Omeren colours. That’s all I have for now, but I’ll let you know when I find out more. Oh and they were London based lorries.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Robert, apparently GL Baker had two NGCs, one in their colours and the other in Van Omeren colours. That’s all I have for now, but I’ll let you know when I find out more. Oh and they were London based lorries.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Many thanks for this info NMM! A former GL Baker driver who once drove MMG 772P has very kindly PM’d me to fill us in on some of its history.

For a start, he says it definitely had the ■■■■■■■ 335 and Fuller ‘box (so we can probably assume it was the 9-sp).

GL Baker, Faversham acquired it from AJ Bradick of Leyton (London) along with some Scanias. After that it went to Baker’s Silvertown depot to work on the NYK container contract.

He says here was just one ERF NGC but a couple of other have mention two - and if, as you say, one was in Van Omeren colours this shouldn’t be surprising! Cheers, Robert

Swain then and now.
Oily

Kent Richard 37448941831_34d1e1e896_rs k.jpg

$58.jpg

Any you old BOC Faversham chaps remember what gearbox these LHD Fodens had (prob either 9-speed Fuller, 13-speed Fuller or Twin-splitter)? Robert

s-l640.jpg

Very sad news this week with the passing of Martin Husk of Coombe Valley Transport and Thomas R.Wall & Company.

A nicer guy you couldn’t wish to meet and a true Trucking Gentleman

A18CVT.jpg

cfat

L0674p.JPG

ERF-NGC-European:
Any you old BOC Faversham chaps remember what gearbox these LHD Fodens had (prob either 9-speed Fuller, 13-speed Fuller or Twin-splitter)? Robert

The Foden’s had Twin splitter’s in them Robert -

cheers, Keith