Kent is at it again

Kent Council are starting to clamp vehicles again.

kentonline.co.uk/ashford/ne … es-273406/

trouble is you have three access points to Europe but bugger all parking. broadly there are 2 services on the m20 and 1 lorry park that you can never get into and 1 services on the m2.

You also have the international wagons that are parked up waiting to go to europe as i belive you cant drive on a wekend over there. plus the ones that have to finish thier rest from coming over on the ferry/ train. Personaly if they want to make money they should provide parking and charge a reasonable sum to provide facilities and security but instead we have that silly mp from faversham wandering around in her barbour and wellies moaning about the verges and wildlife while rubber stamping every planning request for 2000 houses on a square foot of land

cooper1203:
trouble is you have three access points to Europe but bugger all parking. broadly there are 2 services on the m20 and 1 lorry park that you can never get into and 1 services on the m2.

You also have the international wagons that are parked up waiting to go to europe as i belive you cant drive on a wekend over there. plus the ones that have to finish thier rest from coming over on the ferry/ train. Personaly if they want to make money they should provide parking and charge a reasonable sum to provide facilities and security but instead we have that silly mp from faversham wandering around in her barbour and wellies moaning about the verges and wildlife while rubber stamping every planning request for 2000 houses on a square foot of land

Yep, totally anti truck, a bunch of complete and utter…‘Kents’. :imp:
Never mind,.we were promised investment in proper parking facilities during the last 'driver shortage…aye right. :unamused:

This article says illegally parked trucks. Which I totally agree with. What don’t agree with is being clamped on an estate with no yellow lines no signs not blocking any enterenaces like I was ages ago

edd1974:
This article says illegally parked trucks. Which I totally agree with. What don’t agree with is being clamped on an estate with no yellow lines no signs not blocking any enterenaces like I was ages ago

Had you passed a clearway sign?

stu675:

edd1974:

Had you passed a clearway sign?

Nope was parked on some estate in Kent did post about it at the time about 18 months ago. No signage no clearway nothing.
Woke up find was wheeelclamped cost about £150 if I remember to have to removed.
Cars could park there legally overnight I was told when clamp was removed . I asked why they said take it up with Kent council
Asked them where says no parking said take it up with Kent council. Which I tried to but all was getting was autmated robot machines on the phone numbers or am automated email reply

robroy:

cooper1203:

Yep, totally anti truck, a bunch of complete and utter…‘Kents’. :imp:
Never mind,.we were promised investment in proper parking facilities during the last 'driver shortage…aye right. :unamused:

There is parking in Kent drivers choose not to use it or seek it on the misconception that there is none there are 4 truck stops 2 service areas with 3 others on or close to Kent’s borders plus a few where companies like jenkinsons allow parking in there yards during the week.
Most of the lay-bys that are affected by clamping have pre existing housing in close proximity although it was never an issue when fridges where rarer now the have fridges running 24/7 365 with no respite either that or the one at hothfield the junction the locals where often meet with a driver crouched with his pants around his ankles.
There is a train of thought that the industry should take parking into its own hands and fund from within with many hauliers now offering parking to others prepared to offer them the same .
If you really are looking for a county that hates trucks try Essex where the have physically removed the leybys at least Kent have kept them and allowed them to be used for there original intention