Kennedy tunnel Antwerp

Hi just wondered does anyone know the diversion route for hazardous from Gent direction or is it just follow the signs once you get to the tunnel? cheers

Yes just follow signs you have to go through a toll tunnel(takes dkv),where you going? if Aachen way your better off going Brussels way-no restrictions.

cheers for that.im going to Krefeld from calais :neutral_face:

I would be tempted to go Brussels as going kennedy is only 13km closer than Brussels,by the time you have dont te extra for the toll tunnel there wont be much in it.Both Brussels and Antwerp can be a right nightmare in the rush hour.

Come off at St niklaas and head towards mechelen. You’ll eventually pick up the a12 and head back up to antwerp the other side of the kennedy. It’s not much further.

looked at that but is there not a tunnel on A12■■

I’d be going Brussels-hasselt-stein-roermond-monchengladbach-Krefeld…

No adr problem that way. I always went st niklaas when I had army haz loads on for Germany . A lot depends on the time of day, because there are lots of traffic lights as per most belgian national routes.

Truckertang has the best route I think.

truckertang:

Me too.

tom ■■■: the A12 tunnel is not an underwater tunnel so it has no hazard restrictions.
I would got for the Brussels option but its both a nightmare in rushhour.

I know a great pub in Krefeld …well several actually :laughing::lol:

turnip:

truckertang:

Me too.

thanks for all the advice looks like i will be going this route thanks again this is my first time on here :smiley:

Welcome to the “madhouse”, some drivers have said the laybys over there are safe to park due to the “nocturnal” activities that go on there.

laroman:
tom ■■■: the A12 tunnel is not an underwater tunnel so it has no hazard restrictions.
I would got for the Brussels option but its both a nightmare in rushhour.

The Rupeltunnel goes under the Rupel - a river? :confused: You could be right about the ADR bit but just saying :grimacing: