Kendal to Shap & much more

Some close overtaking in the first few seconds, enjoy the ride!

Great site to jog the memory.
Old roads, new motorways during construction, road signs, closed roads and realignments!

hi,
enjoyed that footage :smiley: .i have a video of me and my mate north bound on the a6 coming through kendal and going up shap in my restored f88 back in the summer of 2003.i will have to figure out how to get it on the web.it’s on tape,so i am unsure how to do this.anyone got any help or idea’s please?
regards andrew.

pete 359:
hi,
enjoyed that footage :smiley: .i have a video of me and my mate north bound on the a6 coming through kendal and going up shap in my restored f88 back in the summer of 2003.i will have to figure out how to get it on the web.it’s on tape,so i am unsure how to do this.anyone got any help or idea’s please?
regards andrew.

Have a look on eBay for cine film to dvd or on the net for prices.

There is one here who do it for £20 minimum. I am sure there are many more…

memoriesonvideo.co.uk/cine.asp?topic=./cine

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cine-Film-To-DVD- … c3fbfd29ab

Nice piece of film,driven it several times,but not in a lorry,always think about how it must have been with the old under powered wagons.
Cheers Dave.

dave i am sure that was bewick hiding at the jungle !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

yappie:
dave i am sure that was bewick hiding at the jungle !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thought it was,behind a caravan :laughing: .

yappie:

There’s plenty of sheep up there!!! I wondered why “The Renegade” would visit Shap fell----now I know----he was looking for a new bird!!! Anon!

Bewick:

yappie:

There’s plenty of sheep up there!!! I wondered why “The Renegade” would visit Shap fell----now I know----he was looking for a new bird!!! Anon!

I don’t have hand me downs Dennis,not after you’ve been around them :laughing: .

Dave the Renegade:

Bewick:

yappie:

I don’t have hand me downs Dennis,not after you’ve been around them :laughing: .

Come on Dave ,own up,when I asked for help you were the first to volanteer and even offered to pick JR up at Carnforth lights on the way!!! Dennis.

come on dennis i think you can manage on your own you dont need daves help or mine!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Get in there boom boom :laughing: :laughing: .

Dave the Renegade:

I defer to someone who is obviously far more expert in such matters in sheep (zb),with living so close to the Welsh border!!! Dennis.

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

I defer to someone who is obviously far more expert in such matters in sheep (zb),with living so close to the Welsh border!!! Dennis.

That counts me out.I live close to the English Border :laughing: .

Dave the Renegade:

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

Don’t split hairs Dave! Do you wear those Barbour “wellies” with the buckled straps on the side? Dennis.

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

Don’t split hairs Dave! Do you wear those Barbour “wellies” with the buckled straps on the side? Dennis.

Hob nailed boots Dennis.We will have wheelnut after us for hogging his thread with disease ridden bloody sheep :unamused: .

Dave the Renegade:
Hob nailed boots Dennis.We will have wheelnut after us for hogging his thread with disease ridden bloody sheep :unamused: .

Be reet, I wus off yam wi la’al cur dog on push iron.

Marra tel me thou two had fratch. ayes garn to Kendul afta wuk, git kalied.

Ower late for radge :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Dave the Renegade:

I’ll translate this “early viking dialect” to-morrow night ,for the benefit of all those who don’t live in ■■■■■■■■■■ Dennis.

Dennis the last bit sounds as though someone is going to Kendal to get p----d am I right :question: The rest of it I haven’t got a clue mate. :confused:
John

Bewick:

Wheel Nut:

Dave the Renegade:

I’ll translate this “early viking dialect” to-morrow night ,for the benefit of all those who don’t live in ■■■■■■■■■■ Dennis.

OK,I’ll attempt to translate this “gobbledegook” into english for the benefit of those of you who were un-fortunate not to have been born or raised in the finest part of the UK,■■■■■■■■■■
"It will be alright,I’m going home accompanied by my small collie dog on my pedal cycle.
“My mate, I believe that you and your friend have had a disagreement.I am going into Kendal after I’ve finnished work and I fully intend to become inebriated (■■■■■■■■
“I am so sorry to have missed the spectical of the fall out you had with your friend”!!! Dennis.

so sorry to have missed your falling out with your friend"

Bewick:
OK,I’ll attempt to translate this “gobbledegook” into english for the benefit of those of you who were un-fortunate not to have been born or raised in the finest part of the UK,■■■■■■■■■■
"It will be alright,I’m going home accompanied by my small collie dog on my pedal cycle.
“My mate, I believe that you and your friend have had a disagreement.I am going into Kendal after I’ve finnished work and I fully intend to become inebriated (■■■■■■■■
“I am so sorry to have missed the spectical of the fall out you had with your friend”!!! Dennis.

so sorry to have missed your falling out with your friend"

Spoken like a native :laughing: