Ken Jones anyone any info?

Anybody got any info you know usual stuff, Iv’e just found out they got a small depot/unit in Port Talbot docks (and i think its been there a long time…D’oh)

I know its mostly flats and R&S but its something im genuinly interested in getting into if the mint sauce is right of course (welsh national currency :wink: )
I am actually waiting for a reply to an e-mail i sent to another company which is also an R&S job

I can tie a dolly and a half hitch do a pigs ear (and probably make a pigs ear too :laughing: ) but never tried a dundee cross though so that and the rest will have to be taught

its not ken jones transport now they got took over by keedlwells a few years back…

Oh… Is that good or bad??

Well, Keedwells are still doing ok by the looks of things, I’ll be ringing them this week asking if they take new drivers on…

Keedwells seem to have many strings to their bow.

They would appear to have taken a few firms over,had the motors put into their colours,but kind of retained the identity of the purchasee on the trucks.

That way the name of the company doesn’t disappear completely,even though the Keedwell name still appears alongside somewhere.

Ken.

A lot of the trucks i see down here and the few i saw today in port talbot are still in the original ken jones colours, thats probably why i didnt realise about the takeover but after seeing the pic posted above i realised i had seen a few of them about on my travels, odd how i never made the connection though

Still if any of you see any of the drivers about be nosey for me :smiley:

Still see plenty of 'em around, not the newest trrucks but always seem well turned out.

If you’re serios about flat work Ref you could also try Runtech, they seem to be busy.

making a profit :wink:

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … nover.html

scania.co.uk/about_scania/pr … edwell.asp

not only scania

lorryspotting.com/newsArticl … 1123958295

Reef:
Still if any of you see any of the drivers about be nosey for me :smiley:

I’ll be in Port Talbot tomorrow, I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for any of their drivers to quizz.