Keeping your tacho chart

I have just done a shift through an agency for a small paints company.
When I finished I went to drop the keys off at the transport office, the manager took my tacho photo copied it and handed me the copy.
I said to him that I must keep the original and hand it back in 21 days but he was adamant that I have the copy and he kept the original ( he also added that he had been in the business for 30 years )
I have now got a photo copy for todays work, now am I going daft in the head?.
I am sure I must keep the original and every other company I have worked for has given me original but I can’t find any reference to it, can someone point me in the right direction?

No…you should have the origional Tacho disc & keep it for 21days, then hand it to the company you drove for…he should keep the copy for his records until you hand in the origional tacho disc
looks like this will be 30days in the near future

GV262

just shortened the link :wink: Denis F

Thanks for that Darren, the daft thing is I know the rules but he was adamant and I ended up doubting my own sanity
Had a bad day all round today though, I had to pick up a load from the Focus RDC near Tamworth, picked up the unit from Burscough and it was really low on fuel but was given a BP fuel card, so headed down the M6 and none of the services were BP.
Started to get worried by now and I didn’t want to pull off the motorway to find an ordinary BP station as I’m not that confident at getting an artic into a small filling station.
I had a feeling Hilton Park services was BP so instead of leaving the motorway at J12 I carried on to Hilton Park which thankfully was BP.
Pulled back onto the motorway and got stuck in the que for Brum, meanwhile the boss is on the phone “where the f***n ell are you? they are waiting for you” by this time my stress levels were rising, pulled off the M6 at J10 and got stuck in the traffic in Walsall.
I didn’t have a clue how to get through so I followed my sat nav which was trying to send me down all of the side streets, stress levels getting higher and boss on the phone again.!!!
Finally got to the other side of Walsall only to be greeted by a weight limt ( exept for loading ) I was so stressed out I just ignored it and drove through it
Finally arrived at Focus 2 hours late, boss was not happy, I don’t think I’ll be invited back

if your held up in traffic there is nowt you can do mate.
I hate turning up at a yard & find the truck with empty tanks, really ■■■■■ me off.
Hate been given specific fuel card ie Shell,BP etc. i was give 1 that could be used at any petrol station.i cant remember the name of the fuel card.

Darren:
Hate been given specific fuel card ie Shell,BP etc. i was give 1 that could be used at any petrol station.i cant remember the name of the fuel card.

Allstar or Overdrive Cards I expect

the trouble with those cards is you pay pump prices :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You need to keep the original Tacho cards for present week and the previous 15 calender days before the present week.

Obviously this makes it impossible for you to return the cards before the 21 day period is up, so at present VOSA is allowing 30 days for the return of cards to the Operator.

Your agency must have a system for returning Tacho cards to the operator within the required time.

He may of been in business for 30 years, but he’s well out of touch with the new tacho regs. Best you suggest he speak to VOSA and get updated.

Darren:
just shortened the link :wink: Denis F

cheers Dennis, will you PM me on how you done this

Daz

if you get in this position then just tell them no if they argue tell them to get f’‘’‘’‘’'d as it is your license and if you get done will he pay the fine . dont take no crap too many for too long have done things wrong just at the request of some one that just wants you to be on the wrong side of the law as it is easier and less work for them