Keeping tacho discs?

Hi guys
Sorry if this has been done before but,
Ive been off work for 8 weeks after an accident and went back last night,should i keep my last 28 days worth of tachos and digi prints or should i hand them into my traffic office as ive not been at work for the last 28 days+?, on last nights tacho i wrote on the back a brief of why there is a gap just in case!!

Many thanks
Si

Hand them in your late :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You only need to keep them for 28 days. not as some people think "I need to keep my last 28 tacho’s " It’s 28 days not days that you worked so its 4 weeks… 4 x 7 = 28

Does he need to keep the last tacho before todays or is that still subject to the 42 day hand in rule :question:

ROG:
Does he need to keep the last tacho before todays or is that still subject to the 42 day hand in rule :question:

If stopped he has to have the current day and records covering the previous 28 days so if his last record is older than 29 days then he doesn’t need to have it with him and if his last record is more than 43 days old he should not have it with him as that would be an offence.

There is no need to write explanations, you can simply tell the officer, if stopped, the reason why you don’t have records and it is up to him to seek further proof if he doesn’t believe you.

pop:
should i keep my last 28 days worth of tachos and digi prints or should i hand them into my traffic office as ive not been at work for the last 28 days+?

As others have said the rule is that you need to keep any charts/printouts from the current day and the last 28 calendar days, NOT the last 28 shifts. Also you have a duty to return the charts/printouts to the vehicle’s operator within 42 days, so if you’re driving your first shift in 8 weeks and you have any completed charts with you (other than the one in the tacho of course) then you could get into trouble on that one as they should all have been handed in at least two weeks ago.

Paul

Excellent thanks for your help,i will hand all in tonight…er apart from last night!!
Thanks Si

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

If stopped he has to have the current day and records covering the previous 28 days so if his last record is older than 29 days then he doesn’t need to have it with him and if his last record is more than 43 days old he should not have it with him as that would be an offence.

There is no need to write explanations, you can simply tell the officer, if stopped, the reason why you don’t have records and it is up to him to seek further proof if he doesn’t believe you.

Thank you :smiley: