keeping legal

Hi,in the mornin i have a four hour drive in a hire car to pick up a unit and trailer,my question is will that affect my driving time or is it classed as other work,not whingeing or anything just trying t o keep right,don,t worry if i don,t get :neutral_face: back i need an early night but will check out for any replies early tomorrow,thank you.

That would be classed as duty time. So by the time you start in the truck you can only work 11 hours. It wouldn’t count towards driving time because the car doesn’t need a tacho

daleyboy:
That would be classed as duty time. So by the time you start in the truck you can only work 11 hours. It wouldn’t count towards driving time because the car doesn’t need a tacho

thanks just what i thought cant do enough for a good boss■■? :smiley:

As the 4 hours is ‘Other Work’ remember you will require a 15-minute break for the WTD after less than 2 hours driving. 4 hours driving to collect vehicle and 15 - 30 minutes or so checking vehicle and doing paper work will leave you 1 hour 30 - 45 minutes of driving before you need a break.

is it true that there is a fixed 48 hour week coming in october,
and the 48 hour average over 17 weeks is finnishing.

kesbridge:
is it true that there is a fixed 48 hour week coming in october,
and the 48 hour average over 17 weeks is finnishing.

dont think its law yet :question: think the idea is being discussed :exclamation: :confused: :confused:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome kesbridge :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC and much more…