Keeping her clean :)

I’m not sure how many others do but I take great pride in keeping my van clean inside and out, I use some good stuff that keeps my cab sparkling but the outside is usually looking a bit sorry for itself. Being a class 2 multi drop van it’s usually pretty dirty and looking a little unloved but as it’s still fairly new (about 2 months old now) it still looks very good when given a good clean. Now the tfr and brushes the boss provides does a very good job on the paint work, curtains, tanks etc but the wheels never look that good and always let the overall look down once it’s dried off after a clean is there any decent wheel cleaner anyone can suggest that I can get my boss to buy to keep those wheels looking well? (He loves his trucks looking good) Being standard steelies they won’t take long to go to crap if abused and I’d like to keep it as top as I can for as long as I can. Bracing for replies! Many thanks.

Sweet FA works for me, it’s cheap, made in Britain, doesn’t irritate your skin and is totally harmless to aquatic life.

Auto Day do some pretty strong wheel cleaner that will clean almost anything off

Have a look at Autosmart products
Depending on what your trying to achieve they do several wheel cleaning products inc Red 7
youtu.be/BRgYU1-cW8Q

Red7 is no different to CarChem Revolt…look on there website and occasionally they chuck it out at £20 for 5 litres…and it stinks!

The new job i have just started use autosmart i get what a need i just ask.The stuff they use for wheels is very good its from autosmart but i used to use a mix of crome cleaning stuff and autosmart.Go onto cromecp.com and have a look or google autosmart.

Use a brush, and whatever you clean the rest with…

Use a car wash sponge or similar on the wheels with some tfr in the water, if its well baked on brake dust phosphoric acid based wheel cleaner will remove it. The problem with tfr and all the other aggressive cleaning products is that over time it will dull the paintwork. What i do is have my unit washed once a week and i hand polish it all over once a month using Super resin polish, keeps everything glossy so dirt doesnt stick and its easy to wash off. Probably have it easier than if i was in the UK as the weather is better…

the nodding donkey:

You’re not a proper driver.
You have no pride in the job.
You’re the reason why this job’s ■■■■■■ up.
…And many many more timeless classics. Remember, this collection is not available to buy in the shops, because it’s complete crap.

Slightly off topic but was parked up at Chirwell Valley services opposite the truck wash on Thursday, when a Wincanton container truck turned up. As the washing bloke set off down the side of the truck with his brush, the driver picked up the power washer lance and proceeded to power wash the foot well and round the back of the drivers seat, cab happy or what… :open_mouth:
Maybe a limper and if so I don’t think the regular driver will be too impressed.

wrighty:
Slightly off topic but was parked up at Chirwell Valley services opposite the truck wash on Thursday, when a Wincanton container truck turned up. As the washing bloke set off down the side of the truck with his brush, the driver picked up the power washer lance and proceeded to power wash the foot well and round the back of the drivers seat, cab happy or what… :open_mouth:
Maybe a limper and if so I don’t think the regular driver will be too impressed.

There’s a Tesco driver on Avonmouth who opens both doors and literally pressure washes the whole interior! Every. Single. Time. Amazes me that the dash electrics haven’t given out yet

Muckaway:

the nodding donkey:

You’re the reason why this job’s [zb] up.
…And many many more timeless classics. Remember, this collection is not available to buy in the shops, because it’s complete crap.

:grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

Muckaway:

the nodding donkey:

You’re the reason why this job’s [zb] up.

:grimacing:

I used to clean the wheels on ‘my’ truck by wiping them with my gloved hand… :unamused:

switchlogic:

wrighty:

There’s a Tesco driver on Avonmouth who opens both doors and literally pressure washes the whole interior! Every. Single. Time. Amazes me that the dash electrics haven’t given out yet

I bet that looks nice inside when it all dries out :laughing:

I know a guy who lives near my place in Malaga who bought an absolutely minging transit minibus, we took it to the local car wash and literally soaked the inside with tfr, the dash, all in the vents, seats, headlining the lot and then blasted it out with the pressure washer from top to bottom, as the washer hit the seats all the colour came back and there was a river of ■■■■ flowing out the side doors, once dried out it looked mint! Did take a while for the electrics to work properly but a couple of hot 90 plus degree days and it was fine :grimacing:

I bet all those interior wash wallers have fun demisting the foggy windows for the next - oh I don’t know - 10 years.

I’ve never used a power washer inside the cab but have put a hosepipe inside. Why do Daf have that silly lip on the cab floor though? Not easy to get mud out. Ex employer gave us those air duster guns, aside from blowing flour off your clothes and cooling you down, they were useless. All they do is blow dust from one place to the other, but All Ride make a fortune out of daft drivers who buy them. Some drivers (Scania ones, normally in P cabs) think it’s fashionable to have the hose dangling in your face whilst driving.

If you pee on the wheels it puts a coat on them and makes them shine and lasts for ever, have you not seen it been done before,