Keeping hands clean

Ok, this might be a funny one :blush: :smiley:

Even with the clean fridge jobs i cant seem to keep my hands clean. Everytim i get to the destination the seem a bit umfresh and i always get the crap under the nails. I am not sure where i get it from: i use gloves to do the coupling amd other stuff and i cant make my head roumd how on earth the nails get dirty.

Any tips from the old timers? Tips from dipper dave also appreciated :grimacing:

Lets try and use that single brain cell you fridge drivers have.

1. you get belly button fluff just sat there driving from A to B.

i think thatā€™s the only point I have to make. But what object are we all as a group of drivers holding onto all day, other then TipperDicks mothers tittys?

Thatā€™s right, are your ears smoking? itā€™s a steering wheel, made with rubber, and each time you move your hand, rubber or skin comes off. Ever wonder why belly button fluff is always blue, even though your wearing a white t-shirt, or a pink tank top?

TL:DR itā€™s the rubber and skin from man handling the steering wheel all day

Baby wipes

It could also be from the gloves themselves. Grease does penetrate them and with the sweat your fingers give off it makes things worse.

I always have ā€˜Wet Wipesā€™ in the cab and clean the steering wheel, gearstick, door handle, indicator stalk etc. a couple of times a day.
Itā€™s surprising what grime and dirt can build up on these items.

Two pairs of gloves,rubber type for coupling up and cloth ones for handling your load

You know the other day when you scratched your ā– ā– ā– ā–  then put your gloves back on :wink:

Disposable Vinyl/Rubber gloves = Clean Hands.

I work in recovery and always have clean hands!

lolipop:
Two pairs of gloves,rubber type for coupling up and cloth ones for handling your load

This ^^^^

And take them home each week and wash them each week with your uniform. (not the rubber ones :wink: )

Baby wipes oh & a manicure set with an ā€œorange stickā€ for getting all the crap from under your nails simple

Also work fridges & yes my hands stay mostly clean I also wash them when possible at the drops I do

Priest:
Any tips from the old timers?

Stop being a fanny.

Priest:
Even with the clean fridge jobs i cant seem to keep my hands clean. Everytim i get to the destination the seem a bit umfresh and i always get the crap under the nails. I am not sure where i get it from: i use gloves to do the coupling amd other stuff and i cant make my head roumd how on earth the nails get dirty.

1. Cut your fingernails.

2. Get a clean pair of loose-fitting rigger-style gloves that will wriggle on and off your hands easily. Use cheap ones that cost Ā£1.50 apiece, and replace them weekly. snssafety.co.uk/popup_image.php?pID=2918

3. Be careful when handling and donning the gloves, to keep clean parts of the glove away from dirty parts of the glove, and keep clean fingers away from the outside of the glove - this is only possible to do with loose-cuffed gloves.

4. Donā€™t touch anything outside the wagon without your gloves, and donā€™t touch anything inside the wagon with your gloves - except the outer door handle, which is outside but you should never touch with your dirty gloves.

Even with the above, given the general standard of truckerā€™s hygiene, thereā€™s always a bit of grime in the environment, such as on the steering wheel, traffic desks, etc., which you just have to put up with - although not so much as to get under your fingernails.

Seriously, there is a desperate shortage of places to get a facial and a manicure for the style conscious guy or gal on the road. And have you tried to find a Body Shop franchise at an MSA? I had the devilā€™s own job just to get W H Smith to stock Health & Beauty at Strensham.

Honestly, one barely has time to watch any Gok these days. By the time one opens oneā€™s in cab fridge freezer, adjusts oneā€™s engine off air con, eats oneā€™s super scrums Feta & Beet salad and pours oneself a rye grass smoothie the last thing one feels like doing is searching out a decent Beauty Therapist. If you are fortunate enough, good luck finding one that uses Dermalogica or Decleor at that time of day.

Oh and use an antibacterial hand gel. Itā€™ll stop your rubber gloves from smelling like a tramps pants,